Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can a revovler be shot in CDP?

mike4045

I have a couple of broken guns and don't have time to repair or build by next weekend. I know it will be slower, but I am not classified in ESR. I was looking to pick up an MP 45, but mags don't seem to be avail. All my other guns are not legal for IDPA. Just looking at options right now. Since it is considered a major match I do need to be classified. My new SIG will not be here in time to make sure it will run.

Mike

I can bring my Kimber if you want, it is an older one without the FPB.

Thanks for the offer, but I got the CZ put back together. Seems to be running fine. The Glock 34 will be the back up.

.... I was looking to pick up an MP 45, but mags don't seem to be avail. ...

Google up greg cote. He has an llc. I just got an M&P45 for nightstand duty and picked up some of the 14 round mags (since I'm not lugging it around). Set up with a light too, but I don't shoot it as well as others yet so I'll wait.

Anyways, VERY fast response ... ordered thurs morning and they arrived today.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that IDPA want to get rid of the revolver classes all togather.

From the IDPA Forum:

I can wholeheartedly assure everyone that there is no interest or intent in discontinuing the revolver divisions. The opinions in the article are strictly those of the author and in no way, shape or form are the opinions of IDPA Headquarters. It has provided an interesting discussion though :-).

Joyce Wilson

Executive Director

International Defensive Pistol Association

People fear the wheel.... saw Robert at a local match Saturday and he was talking about letting 7 and 8 shot revos play in ESP. Already heard one new ESP Master complaining about how they weigh 50oz and don't fit the box. Don't be skeerd....

People fear the wheel!

Correction, people fear how long it takes to shoot a stage with "the wheel". I want to eat lunch sometime before we have to call it "dinner". :roflol: But on the flip side of that, I'll pick up all your brass. :rolleyes:

The only reason I don't want to shoot revolver is the lack of participation.

Who wants to be the only shooter in SSR/ESR and be Division Champ? You beat no one.

That is about right. I have a great old custom SW25-5 45lc/moonclips 45acp rig and all but all it does is set in the safe.

People fear the wheel!

Correction, people fear how long it takes to shoot a stage with "the wheel". I want to eat lunch sometime before we have to call it "dinner". :roflol: But on the flip side of that, I'll pick up all your brass. :rolleyes:

It does not take us long at all to shoot a stage with a round gun IF you can shoot. The time is when the bottom feeders have to round dump and do the reload for 1 or 2 shots from a gun designed to hold 17, makes lots of sense to me. Add in the time to do the "barney mag" shuffle, and most of you are on the line alot longer than me.

Since the bottom feeders are asking for it...people who use "the wheel" well don't need five hundred rounds to knock out a plate rack or spotter rounds to find the range of a given target. As long as you don't try to beat us to death with reloads we can hang really well. Watch out if they spot us a coupla rounds....especially in those unrealistic 50oz. revos at 125KPF. If it happens I'm in...bring it plastic fantastics!

John, I bet we can dream up a 125KPF load that will roll with the nines....easily. Royal Jesters!

don't see a place for a 50oz revolver in "“real world” self-defense scenarios".

My idea of the perfect carry gun is a S&W 4” pro series 627, and some day I will have one.

Leonard

Why is that.

Being a revolver there are no mag or feed issues, if it fails to fire, simply pulling the trigger again puts a bullet out the barrel.

Pro series = cut for moons at factory, it works with or with out them equally well.

357 = good round.

And it is a 8 shot.

And I shoot revolvers better then autos.

Leonard

Who wants to be the only shooter in SSR/ESR and be Division Champ? You beat no one.

I beat plenty of SSP folks.

I beat plenty of SSP folks.

I understand Hank's perpsective, but the reality of IDPA is that you can shoot head to head against the autos and see your performance comparision in the final results. Officially you didn't beat anyone, but unofficially you smoked some auto shooters that had more rounds to deal with the problem initially and after every reload. It's good for jeering your fellow shooters. As far as your performance stagnating from lack of competition...sorry, but that's not valid either. Pick a better than you CDP shooter and work up to beating them. Look for stage victories when the reloads are even. The opportunity is there for you if you look. There is no reason why you can't finish in the top ten at a local match unless you have a big chunk of higher classed autos.