Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 Limited, barrel preferences?

JCB

Im thinking of putting a match pipe from Briley, Schumann or an march pipe.

What you recomend and experience?

Better accuracy, less powder....?

Just had a Briley put in my Limited gun last week and it shoots very accurate! My next Limited build will have a Briley in it too!

Edited by bkeeler

Good luck finding an after market Bull Barrel that fits the EAA Witness Limited. The only after market barrels that I have seen for any EAA pistols are stright barrels. These will not work on the bull barrel design of the Limited guns.

The good thing is that the standard Limited barrels are very accurate right from the factory :cheers:

Why it will not work when you see two people over using it, guess it works...

Henning has one i think.

I also have one in my Gold Custom...

So Briley might be the way to go....

If you want to use a barrel other than the factory in your Limited 40 you will have to have a straight barrel threaded to accept a cone matched to your slide. It can be done but it’s a bit of extra effort. I think that Rich at Canyon Creek has done some of these.

Henning has one i think.

The two guys above that commented about using the Briley barrels shoot STI/SVI guns, not Tanfo/EAA's. After Market barrels can be found for the Match and Hunter pistols because they are straight barrels. As Casman said, you can have a custom bushing fitted to the slide but that is a significant amount of work to gain a minimal if any accuracy improvement. As stated before, the standard barrels are very accurate already.

Henning has one i think.

The two guys above that commented about using the Briley barrels shoot STI/SVI guns, not Tanfo/EAA's. After Market barrels can be found for the Match and Hunter pistols because they are straight barrels. As Casman said, you can have a custom bushing fitted to the slide but that is a significant amount of work to gain a minimal if any accuracy improvement. As stated before, the standard barrels are very accurate already.

charlie is correct here. The two other shooters are using the barrels for STI guns. Briley makes the barrel, and they make the bushing that will work. But you can also do what Rich does, threading the barrel and putting a cone to essentially give the barrel a bigger diameter up front. then turn it down to the thickness of the pre-existing ID of the bushing, which is a very creative way of doing it, and should work fine.

Henning has one i think.

charlie is correct here. The two other shooters are using the barrels for STI guns. Briley makes the barrel, and they make the bushing that will work. But you can also do what Rich does, threading the barrel and putting a cone to essentially give the barrel a bigger diameter up front. then turn it down to the thickness of the pre-existing ID of the bushing, which is a very creative way of doing it, and should work fine.

The stock polygonal barrel is very accurate. If you can hold it still enough to see a difference between the stock barrel and a Briley, then you are probably getting your barrels for free anyway.. ;)

I just shot my Frankengun this Sunday: Limited frame, Witness Match .45 slide and barrel. I was amazed by how well that combo worked: I felt like I was shooting a 9mm while shooting 200gn bullets at major PF.

Anyway, back on topic: if you really want to go with a straight Briley barrel, then another alternative to screwing on a cone to the straight barrel is to put on a Match slide which accepts a straight barrel. :-)