Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Name that Part!

JerryShoots

I've got most of these pieces figured out but I'd like to know what exactly is on board this pistol. I saw this gun in action at 2003 Open Nats (via video) and was instantly taken with it. Any help identifying the odd bits and pieces would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

And yes... It's TGO's

gunuspsaopencur.gif

I've got most of these pieces figured out but I'd like to know what exactly is on board this pistol. I saw this gun in action at 2003 Open Nats (via video) and was instantly taken with it. Any help identifying the odd bits and pieces would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

And yes... It's TGO's

gunuspsaopencur.gif

Para-Ordinance frame, SVI trigger, Smith & Alexander mainspring housing/magwell, Doug Koenig Low Mass Hammer, Schuemann Hybri-Comp barrel.

I bought two of those aimpoint mounts when I built my own open gun a while back. I sold the gun but should still have the other one somewhere.

Springfield wide frame. EGW Koenig hammer. Can't remember where I've seen that style comp before. SV trigger.

Thank you all so far for the info. Yup I got the basics from TGO's page. The frame is Springfield and though they take par mags Deb at the Custom shop says they are proprietary to springfield though based on the Para.

What brand is that Aimpoint mount? I'm having trouble finding it.

I think the mount is made by Springfield Armory... I remember seeing something very similar many years ago on their web-site. They may not make it any more. I think Grams Engineering makes something similar, or you could go with an Aimpoint Micro along with the mount from Double Alpha...

Thanks!

And yes... It's TGO's

gunuspsaopencur.gif

Call Rob

I think the mount is made by Springfield Armory... I remember seeing something very similar many years ago on their web-site. They may not make it any more. I think Grams Engineering makes something similar, or you could go with an Aimpoint Micro along with the mount from Double Alpha...

Yes

It's a Springfield mount. My gun had one just like it but I replaced it with a similar 2-piece Weigand mount after the original developed a crack near the screw-holes.

The Springfield mount has the advantage of being able to swap scopes without removing anything from the frame BUT you have to remove the battery cap (and batteries) to get at all the necessary screws.

Some people don't like the forward position & forward balance and use a Rescomp mount which puts the scope about 3/4" further back.

For what it's worth, the Custom Shop open guns are spectacularly well-made. Mine is about 16 years old & locks up beautifully, shoots sub-1" groups with Zero JHP bullets. I will buy more Open guns but will never ever sell this one.

Edited by eric nielsen

While I'm sure its a Springfield Armory one, it looks similar to an old CPMI mount too.