Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian or Para?

JerryShoots

I have shot quite a few caspian framed open class and owned a para open class pistol. I miss that gun but I always loved the way that the caspians felt in the hand.

I have your old para, although you may not recognize it today.

I just picked up a Vandenberg Custom Open gun built on a Caspian lower, well it has a Caspian slide too. I really like the way it feels in my hand. Im looking forward to shooting it after the match Sunday. I have a few minor mods to make, but it should be pretty cool, even more so because I got it CHEAP! :devil:

Arrendondo mount? check, Cmore sts ? check, EGW mag funnel? check, brass bullets 4756 primers? check new to me Gans built Caspian ? picking up in 4 hours, registration mailed to VA/MD section as U class open ? check dies ? ummmmm no check, sonufa can I use 9mm ? I wonder if Wally world has value pack 38 super and how much the peckerhead will insist I mean 38 special.

Arrendondo mount? check, Cmore sts ? check, EGW mag funnel? check, brass bullets 4756 primers? check new to me Gans built Caspian ? picking up in 4 hours, registration mailed to VA/MD section as U class open ? check dies ? ummmmm no check, sonufa can I use 9mm ? I wonder if Wally world has value pack 38 super and how much the peckerhead will insist I mean 38 special.

Joe,

It you bought the Gans gun that was in the classified...... I think you got a lot of gun for not a lot of money!

Emjoy it!

Marty

A-7424

Super in a Wally world? Not happenin brother. Best guess would be a bass pro or greentops. I know greentops has it but you will pay for it.

Joe,

It you bought the Gans gun that was in the classified...... I think you got a lot of gun for not a lot of money!

Emjoy it!

Marty

A-7424

I bought the gun that was adverstised as a Gans gun, if it was It was put together with a leatherman tool in the back of a pickup while driveing down a tank trail. I dont think there were two parts in the whole gun properly fit to eachother. Buyer beware, shoulda examined the insides more closely

My first open gun was a Para. I bought it very used, and put some more miles on it. (how's this for a retro open gun?)

DSC00754.jpg

Here's what happens with the thin dust cover. Note the crack at the rearmost scope mount hole. I didn't notice it until I lost my zero (during an Area 3 match), and I couldn't adjust it any farther. I had another crack on the other side of the dust cover as well. The whole front end of the frame was apparently flexing downward under the weight of the beer-can scope.

DSC03242.jpg

I sent it to Virgil Tripp to be un-chromed and welded up and he also found these cracks on either side.

100_0281.jpg

I finally gave up and had him build me an STI. I've still got the Para frame. I keep thinking I should get one of those Mech Tech uppers for it. But it's been sitting in the safe looking sad and cracked for the past 5 years or so.

• 5 months later...