Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what the!!!!

ogiebb

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Tactabillies" are the guys festooned with camo, baclavas, black nylon gear, a dozen rails and doo-dads clamped to their rifles, thigh-rigs, monster knives and a huge wannabe 'real-world-operator' attitude. You know that they've got a matching kevlar helmet, grappling hook and 100' of black rope in the car...

Actually, no I am not sure about IDPA headquarters trying to have a relatively "normal" image. I was just sticking up for the regular looking IDPA guys. You know, the guys who don't wear camo, wear normal old cross trainers or tennis shoes on their feet, think Royal Robbins are song birds, etc.

i just scanned their website .they complained about me and my buddy being too fast for the stage and not being tactical enough.(yeah right we did it exactly like they did only much faster).remind me to wear ROTC uniform and a ski mask next time i shoot IDPA...

Guest bulm5
i just scanned their website .they complained about me and my buddy being too fast for the stage and not being tactical enough.(yeah right we did it exactly like they did only much faster).remind me to wear ROTC uniform and a ski mask next time i shoot IDPA...

What's their web address???

Next time show up with your concealment garment: Loud Hawaiiain shirt. They hate that.

Actually, one of the Old Guard at my IDPA club, Zak Chadwick, is a serious Hawaiian shirt fan. At one of the matches, in which he designed every stage and MDed, he actually gave 3 seconds off their match total to anyone who shot the match wearing a Hawaiian shirt. And yes, my own score did reflect the "Hawaiian Shirt Factor."

I think for next time something with dragons and flames on it. The flames help you go faster.

That's the spirit!

At our last WA State IDPA Championships - as with them all - they have a match ball cap with logo patch you can buy. The club president and match director, Rick Breneman, had the only cap at the match that had flames along the side. It was SO cool. I wanted one, but was told it was "kind of a custom job." Bummer, dude!

In the near future - and I assure you, I am absolutely not joking - I intend to start shooting IDPA matches wearing black tactical boots, black Royal Robbins 5.11 pants, a black RR vest, and a black t-shirt. I can't wait. Hey, if I can't get one of those cool flame hats, I have to "make a statement" some other way, right? Of course I'll be accused of doing a Dave Sevigny impersonation, but now that Dave's wearing that white Team Glock shirt someone has to carry the all-black banner.

they also said that we spend way too much money for IPSC .. 

I hear that often, and much of the time it's a disingenuous (to be polite) comment, almost to the absurdity. There are quite a few CDP and ESP pistols in the holsters of IDPA shooters that cost close to if not more than a decent factory race gun.

And some of us shoot IDPA and USPSA with the same gun. Like me and my inexpensive, entry level, er, Wilson Defensive Combat Pistol. :D

Normally, you couldn't get me to wear suit if you paid me... but Rob and I used to _really_ enjoy wearing suits to the SOF banquet.

be

I'm inspired. I am going to find an IDPA match and wear a suit.

Banquet, man. They wore suits to the banquet, not the match. ;)

I know, I'm bummed, too. The image of Robbie and Brian zipping through SOF assault courses in suit and tie is a great one, though alas untrue.

Wear whatever you want from your neck to your toes. It doesn't mean squat if you don't have a bird on your head. :D

Thanks

I have been too embarassed to try IDPA til now since I have this Condor on my head. Now if I can just get him to not lean side to side. :D

To mitigate the yelling and failure to do rights - just wear pink panties underneath your jeans.

Then you'll fit in with everyone else that shoots IDPA

:P

I.D.P.A. = International Dirty Panties Association :D :D

Got that name after they got spanked by so many IPSC shooters ;)

Got that name after they got spanked by so many IPSC shooters ;)

I think I should quit wearing my USPSA hat during IDPA matches. :unsure:

I'm not spanking anyone. In fact, I generally spanked pretty soundly by the IDPA-exclusive shooters.

I'm an embarassment to the program!

• 3 weeks later...