Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More on an M1A

TMC

I have a C-More 6MOA on my SOCOM and its seems to be holding up. I have about 1k rounds using surplus ammo and its still holding zero.

Would like to know what other optic everyone else is using on their SOCOMs?

I shoot a SA Super Match with an old Leupold VXIII 3.5-10, but I'm thinking about upgrading a new Leupold VX*R 4-12x50mm.

While on active duty I carried an M21 for 6 months before we switched over to the M24. I still prefer having 20+ rounds semi-auto over 5 manual when it counts.

:cheers:

Thanks for the info. I'm considering the set-up for a local Rifle match where the max distance will be 200 for one stage and the rest of the shots inside of 50.

I've shot irons on an AR but that rifle has a FO front so I can see it better. The M1A has standard black front and I tend to loose it on the fast close stuff.

Thanks for the info. I'm considering the set-up for a local Rifle match where the max distance will be 200 for one stage and the rest of the shots inside of 50.

I've shot irons on an AR but that rifle has a FO front so I can see it better. The M1A has standard black front and I tend to loose it on the fast close stuff.

I replaced my front blade sight with a globe style aperture front sight with diffrent inserts.

Given that the M1A has excellent iron sights and a stock designed for iron sight use, I see little advantage in placing a CMore on an M1A and a couple of disadvantages. I have yet to see an M1A hold zero with the barrel scope mount. The shooter also has to hold their head off the stock to see thru a CMore, which means giving up a solid cheek weld which in turn means giving up recoil control.