Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger SR 1911

hankfan79

It's terrible that they are selling for MSRP on gunbroker. :angry2:

ya, I have been watch the RO's and they to are going for a little more than I am willing to spend sight unseen and untouched

until they are available in most stores the prices there will be high SnD

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A local shop in Austin has a "display only" model in the case for $626.00

I was pleasently surprised to see that kinda price point on the SR1911.

Looked nice for what thats worth... slide/frame fit didnt feel especially tight for a brand new never been fired pistol...

But for $626 ya cant go wrong. IMHO

What's the story with some dealers having the new SR1911s available already? My local shop told me a few days ago that they won't see them for another month.

And why would a dealer have a price on a 'display only' pistol? :-)

Ruger shipped 20 pistols to each of their distributors two days before the NRA show (where they officially announced the SR1911). The week following the NRA show, Ruger shipped another small batch. Given those numbers there are less than 1000 guns at retail.

Shot a sample SR1911 over the weekend and was impressed with the pistols performance versus the samples another US manufacturer brought to our sales meeting.

As a side note, since the SR9 and LCP recalls a few years ago Ruger's new CEO implemented a policy that new product offerings will go through a 10,000 round (or more) test. And each employee, from production line to the front office receptionist takes part in the testing.

Ruger's keenly aware of the black eye they suffered as a company over the whole "recall scandal" and have made some solid moves in making sure that doesn't happen again, as is mentioned above.

Another thing they are trying to avoid is announcing a new product and then not having it ready for market. That always upsets potential buyers when they see a new model in their favorite gun rag and then have to wait a year for that model to hit the market. Still, some excitement and impulse buying is to be expected when a new gun does start shipping. But I bet Ruger's on top of it and we'll see the SR1911 on most dealers' shelves within the next couple of weeks.