Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Traditional cmore mount or 90 degree mount

Mat Price

Another vote for side mount. I have shot both and definitely prefer the sideways mount. I have modified a Bladetech holster for 3 gun. I holds the gun very well with only a slightly longer draw time (I haven't really timed the difference).

Robert

Has anyone experienced loosing zero on the c-more when tilted sideways? I think I had it twice now, not sure why.

Thanks,

Eli.

I thought that I lost zero a couple of times now on both the upright and sideways mounts, but a few test shots and later on a bench rest just show that I'm the one who loses the zero. :roflol:

• 3 weeks later...

I had the chance to try an open gun with the side mounted cmore, maybe because I am used to the tradtional mount,I am having problems reaching and deactivating the thumb safety on the side mounted gun. Need your feedback regarding QUINN2 and PREDATOR mounts, will there be an issue on reaching the thumb safety? Quinn2 mount as advertised has a slot for easier adjustment, any idea on the Predator? To make my questions short, please share the PROS and CONS between the two makes. thanks

I had the chance to try an open gun with the side mounted cmore, maybe because I am used to the tradtional mount,I am having problems reaching and deactivating the thumb safety on the side mounted gun. Need your feedback regarding QUINN2 and PREDATOR mounts, will there be an issue on reaching the thumb safety? Quinn2 mount as advertised has a slot for easier adjustment, any idea on the Predator? To make my questions short, please share the PROS and CONS between the two makes. thanks

If you feel you need more room for your thumbs (either one, or both), then consider the Cameron mount instead of the two usual suspects - with Cameron you will not feel any lack of "headroom". To me it is the best of the three common side mounts.

Another vote for side mount. I have shot both and definitely prefer the sideways mount. I have modified a Bladetech holster for 3 gun. I holds the gun very well with only a slightly longer draw time (I haven't really timed the difference).

Robert

Has anyone experienced loosing zero on the c-more when tilted sideways? I think I had it twice now, not sure why.

Thanks,

Eli.

i had a dot modual come lose but that was because of some miss placed cleaning agent getting down in it... how are you cleaning your rails?

Robert

Thanks,

Eli.

Yes I have, what i do is I bought a cheap sight bore laser and adjust

it so that I have about 1/8 inch between 2 dots on my scope at about 10meters.

I also take a blue locktight and lock the cmore adjustment screws.

thanks foxbat I am very happy with it. Is there a blast shield I can put on it. I have searched and not found anything Cameron mount specific. I am going to have a couple poples drilled in the very near future.I guess the kidd or brazos shield is my options. they seem to work well from what have read

Edited by Mat Price

thanks foxbat I am very happy with it. Is there a blast shield I can put on it. I have searched and not found anything Cameron mount specific. I am going to have a couple poples drilled in the very near future.I guess the kidd or brazos shield is my options. they seem to work well from what have read

I have never seen a 90 degree blast shield - I doubt anyone makes it. There is no convenient attachment point in that configuration. Of course a good machinist could make one as a custom piece. You could take a sheet of stainless steel, or even better - titanium, fold it and attach to the mount... something like that.

• 5 weeks later...

247772_164759810254081_103533849710011_411048_3441589_n.jpg

Thanks guys this is what I ended up with

+1 on the Camerons mount. :cheers: I use it and love it. I have even added grip tape to the rear of the vertical and it make a perfect thumb rest! Going from Open to Limited isn't quite as big of an adjustment as it is with the vertical c-more mounts IMHO