Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dot Colors

38supPat

I have a cheap Tasco 42mm dot on my Sig 522 carbine for steel. You can select either red or green dot, and I like the green in bright sun - it appears much brighter. BTW, it is a great sight for the money - about $42 at Walmart, but it would be very bulky on a handgun.

Edited by fred5876r

The only green dot I have seen is the Docter-type optic that Primary Arms sells. It appears to be a decent sub-$100 optic, but not sure it would hold up to riding on an open gun. The lens has a reddish tint, and the green dot is very easy to pick up. I use it as a secondary optic on my open 3 gun rifle.

Buy red tinted/ amber shooting glasses, serious.

I used to use red/vermilion when my eyes were better, especially for clay birds, but, now that I HAVE to wear prescription lens, I don't.

The only green dot I have seen is the Docter-type optic that Primary Arms sells. It appears to be a decent sub-$100 optic, but not sure it would hold up to riding on an open gun. The lens has a reddish tint, and the green dot is very easy to pick up. I use it as a secondary optic on my open 3 gun rifle.

Shhh! Don't tell anyone. That optic is great...had it on an 1100 for 6 months. Green is cool

Edited by outerlimits