Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bullet suppliers?

Ridgerunnr

Zero's shoot very well in my revolvers and a lot of autos too from what I hear.

Al

Zero's are great,.... when their available.

A.T.

+1 Zero's are great. Check with Danny at Atlanta Arms and Ammo. He may be able to help you out!! 770-464-2203

I too am very frustrated with BBI. I've been using BBI's 180 gr. .40 for my practice/local match ammo, but they are backlogged big time. My last two 1000 ct. orders came in damaged, with both boxes being broken. My last order had bullets spilling all over my doorstep when I picked up the box. I figured I'd give them one last chance and ordered a full case. If this last order gets jacked up I'll be switching suppliers. Ordered on 4/4 and still waiting. I was going to buy Precision Bullets but it looks like they are backlogged too.

I've been using lead bullets from Missouri Bullet for my practice ammo off and on. Bullets are cheap, they ship fast and dont take too much effort to clean up. Placed an order Sunday for 2k bullets and they were shipped Monday morning.

Zeros are great when they're available. Montana Gold seems to be available all the time but a little bit more expensive.

I see that Britinusa gave the typical non-help answer. Since the O.P. wants lead, he does not want jacketed nor would he probably want to spend twice as much per bullet.

MasterCast of Carbondale Ill is excellent and not expensive. Penn is excellent but more expensive than MasterCast.

Then, there is Missouri Bullets and Dardus.

Bootheel Bullets are great hard cast bullets, available from their own website and from Shooters Connection. The company is also a regular sponsor of USPSA and IDPA matches, and is run by a shooter. Great product from someone who supports the sport. My bullet of choice.

I am a new reloader just getting started. Finally got my 550B and ordered powder and primers.

Thanks for all of the information regarding projectile sources.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but it seems to me that in 9mm there aren't many savings between lead and FMJ when you factor in shipping charges.

It seems that at a place like precision delta or MG you can get 1000 projectiles for about 72-74 dollars shipped. High quality cast bullets are about 67-68 bucks per 1000 but then they tack on shipping, bringing the cost up to about 72-74 dollars as well, which seems to negate any savings.

If I go with 4000 9mm from SNS I am at 262.30 shipped. 4000 FMJ from MG is about 293.00 shipped.

I guess I have to ask myself if the 31 dollars savings is really that crucial. I guess I could look at is as a match fee, or gas to get to the match, right?

Am I missing something? I don't mean to come off like a smart ass either. It's an honest inquiry.

I wanna purchase my first batch of projectiles this week.

I'd like to know where you got those montana gold prices. I see they're 313$ for 3,000 bullets on the MG website... approx 104$/1000 for a 147gr bullet. SNS would cost you approximately 68/1000 shipped if you were to buy 3,0000.

I’ll give you this, as bullet weights go up lead becomes more attractive. But let’s look at 124/125gr 9mm prices. These are what I use for the majority of my practice to save money.

S&S 124gr RN bare lead $63.04 per 1000 (if you order 3500 at a time to max out shipping) delivered

Montana Gold from Universal Shooting Academy 124gr FMJ $74.67 per 1000 (granted you have to order 6 cases at a time) delivered

Precision Delta 124gr FMJ $79.00 (there are price breaks as amounts increase) delivered

Precision Bullets 125gr moly coated $64.29 (I can drive this down to $61.29 delivered if I order 10,000 at a time) delivered

Bayou Bullets 124gr RN coated $73.26 per 1000 (if you order 3500 at a time to max out shipping) delivered

Zeros from Shooter Connection 125gr RN $82.00 per 1000 (when you can find them in stock) delivered

So for 124/125 9mm lead is not the cheapest option and certainly not half the price of jacketed bullets. And I’m sure I don’t know every great deal out there so if someone else has better prices please let us know.

If you order 10,000+(3 'cases' of 125gr bullets) bullets from SNS, you'll get 10% off(5% off for 5K). For 125gr bullets, to maximize value a 'case' would be 3,500 bullets. That would put you at $57/1000 shipped for 10,500 bullets. So your best case scenario using the smallest bullet as your example is still not as cost-effective, and I'm sure you know but the numbers get ALOT scarier as the bullets get bigger.

I don’t want to give you the wrong impressions I’ve shot you’re bullets and they are great lead bullets. The last time I ordered from you I asked about a price break and was told you don’t have one until 50,000 (I was only getting 15,000) so I didn’t even look for one on your site I just went straight to bullet prices. You are right about prices going up with weights and the difference getting bigger. Maybe I’m unrealistic I just think the gap should be larger in price especially in the lower weights. I don’t want you to think I’m attacking you’re company, you have the best prices on lead bullets I’ve been able to find and they were great lead bullets. If you can get rid of the smoke I’d be shooting nothing but your bullets now.

• 2 weeks later...

Bulletworks - great bullets at a great price.

www.bulletworks.com

Jim and Artie are the nicest folks you will ever do business with.

AGREED! Great folks :cheers: They are my first choice for lead and Bayou Bullets for coated lead.

Greg

I've been shooting lead since I can't get zeros. backwards

Missouri bullet company ships super fast.

If you are in Missouri, you might try the friendswood bullet company in TX. That way we can even things out.

Bayou bullets.

http://www.bayoubullets.net/products.html

Availability is getting better. Bullets are second to none. Green Moly coated.

This is Jerry Miculek's brother - good people.

+1

I have zero complaint with the service or the bullets. Donnie has been GREAT to work with. I have received two orders before the estimated ship dates.