Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

trigger bar and connector lubricant

TRG65

I was looking at "slicking" up some of my connectors and trigger bars to get a bit nicer trigger.

I'm looking for a combination of "stick" and lubrication, I don't want part of my pre-match routine to become, 1) take gun apart 2)pop out pin to allow access to connector and trigger bar interface 3) put more lube on.

I usually clean and work on my Glocks about once a month (1000-2000 rounds plus about the same in dryfire) during the shooting season, I don't really want to change that.

So the question is which if any or something else would stay in place for a month of use and would slick up the trigger bar/connector interface and function.

Obviously, I know that oil won't, I have no experience with SG. I use a Moly dry film lube on my AR bolt but nothing else really, and I haven't tried the bake on teflon treatments like Brownell sells so I don't know how difficult they are to use or how much they would increase the "slickness."

Thanks

Seth Ritzman

I suggest that you try SlideGlide from Brian Enos. Lubricates nicely and stays put. I use on the connector in my Glock and, whenever I strip the Glock down for a full cleaning (before every major match therefore about every 2 to 3K rounds), I find that the lubricant is still doing its job.

Regards

Peter

Some friends and I use Chip McCormick's "Trigger Job".

Chip McCormick's no. is 1-800-328-2447

The product is called Trigger Job.

They will only allow you to buy one tube at a time. They say it should last you a life time.

I think its about $12 a tube.

I've used Brownell's Action Lube. It is OK, I guess.

Lately, I've put Slide Glide on there (whenever I tear the gun that far down for a cleaning).

Usually, I will add a few drops of FP10 to the connector area before I shoot a match.

Chip McCormick "Trigger Job" is the best. If you can acquire some, spread it over the safety plunger, the angled part of the slide that moves the disconnector, and of course everything in the rear area of the trigger mechanism.

Slide Glide is 2nd place and stays consistent for a longer time. ALL lubes will somewhat 'rub off' of the Glock lockwork because the range of motion is so much more than the trigger bow & sear of a 1911 or other hammer-fired pistols.

MiliTec Synthetic gun oil is a good touch-up at the range or if you're in a hurry. Remove slide, push over the disconnector till it clicks, pour on rear of trigger bar. Pull trigger forward enough to 'click' again, then put slide back on.

Course, that works even better with Chip's "Trigger Job"

I have been using shooters choice gun grease. With that lube the trigger pull was 1 5/8# Last evening, I degreased everything and applied a coat of Birchwood and Casey Moly Dry film lube, same stuff I use on my AR bolt. The pull came in at a consistent 1.5# :D . I'll be curious to see how it lasts, but the gauge said I dropped 1/8#.

It certainly seems like some think Trigger Job is #1 and some thing SG is #1 pretty much a toss up. I assume these are both pretty thick greases.

I'm too skeered to try anything that thick (such as SG) so I use militech, kell lube, or whatever 100% synthetic lube I've got on hand. But I clean my pistol a little more often so the migration isn't much of an issue. I'll have to get up the courage to try some heavy duty stuff one of these days. :P

I have a tub of Chip McCormick's "Trigger Slick" which is a moly based grease that was required when we ran titanium triggers on our 1911 type guns in the early 90's. Without this stuff you would have the sear eat the hammer hooks in no time. I tried it with my glocks, but it is WAY messy, like any of the moly base products, and was only marginally smoother than SG.

In the interest of keeping things simple, I use only SG on my Glocks now. The Trigger Slick is too thin for the slide rails, and the SG is WAY better there, so SG was the choice!

I still keep the Trigger Slick for my Rem 700 triggers, 1911 sear\trigger wear points, and a few other things. I bought some Birchwood Casey Choke Tube Lube once as well, (I was a long way from my TS,) And I think they are almost the same in lubricant, but the base is different. Choke tube lube is a little thinner than TS, which has a vaseline type consistancy.

Tom

• 4 weeks later...