Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Lynden, WA

fireman275

Hello, I'm fairly new here. I started posting trying to gather info on reloading with my RL550B for my M&P9. So far I've found the forums friendly with so many helpful people. I'm from Lynden, WA which is 15 minutes north of Bellingham and about 2 hours north of Seattle. It's a sunny day today (finally) and I should be shooting but my 3 boys and I have been playing airsoft instead.

Warren.

Splashdown, apparently, you are local! I was planning on going but I haven't gotten all of my reloading supplies. Rick said that we would probably go through about 300 rounds. I didn't want to spend that much on factory ammo.

Custer is known for having slightly larger than normal matches..but typically a match there runs on the order of about 170 rounds. I think they've done a 300 round match in the past ... but its usually well publicised and I hadn'd heard anything mentioned that this was going to be a "big one".

If you don't have a USPSA membership card with a classification in at least one division, you're going to have to be able to show a USPSA Safety Check card before you can compete in the NorthWest Section...and if you don't have on of those, I'd suggest talking with Matt or Rick at Custer to arrange one.

Welcome. Custer holds a great match. Unfortunately I missed today's match, but I usually shoot there. If you get bitten by the bug, Marysville, Puyallup, and Renton all have matches every month as well.

Sorry guys. I was surfing on my iPhone and it didn't give your locations. I see where you guys are now. Do you come up to do IPSC often?

I shoot at Custer as often as I can. I was planning on it yesterday but "the producer" said we needed to shoot some episodes of powerfactorshow.com .... so thats what we did. Custer puts on great matches....however its a bit of a drive.

SteveZ, are you one of the powerfactor guys? Someone pointed me to thier site and I as impressed. It was a great teaching tool!

Welcome

I'm from Lynden myself. I'm just getting started in the soprt and shot my very first match yesterday. I had a BLAST (Pun Intended).

Started off a little rough with some ammo feeding issues. I bought some different factory ammo (BAD IDEA) and it wasn't cycling. I had enough crap rattling around my head to deal with and really didn't need that. Changed out the recoil spring and problem solved.

I liked all the stages except for Stage 5 I think it was. I was totally lost, but gave it a good try..

Met some great guys and learned alot. Everyone was VERY helpful with tips & suggestions.

Can't wait to do it again!!!!

PS: The Powerfactor show was most helpful and thanks guys for all the info!!!

Fishhog, you are killing me! I wanted to go yesturday SO bad. Oh well, hopefully the next one. And I'll be using my own ammo by then. What class are you shooting and what type of gun?

I was shooting in the limited class. I'm currently shooting a Glock 35 with a few mods. Next mod is going to be new sights, as the factory sites I do NOT like!!!