Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 TN SECTIONALS

I don't think "challenging" is a strong enough word for stage 3.

It was more like working a puzzle than shooting a stage.

They should have named it "Rubiks Cube".blink.gif

I shot it in 28 seconds and felt pretty good about it until I discovered I had an FTE.

I thought I had this thing worked out, but I never saw that last target on the walkthrough.ohmy.gif

Dropping 30 points really hurt.sad.gif

If you got through this one unscathed, your stage planning is good to go.wink.gif

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got home about 2130 last night after shooting the TN USPSA Sectional. 10 stages/ 30 rounds (plus misses) per stage, I'm tired.... Hanging out with my little man now waiting to see what the scores do. Very fun match with interesting and challenging stages. Thanks to all who made it possible. Squad 11 was awesome.... :cheers:

I don't think "challenging" is a strong enough word for stage 3.

It was more like working a puzzle than shooting a stage.

They should have named it "Rubiks Cube".blink.gif

I shot it in 28 seconds and felt pretty good about it until I discovered I had an FTE.

I thought I had this thing worked out, but I never saw that last target on the walkthrough.ohmy.gif

Dropping 30 points really hurt.sad.gif

If you got through this one unscathed, your stage planning is good to go.wink.gif

We started on that stage :surprise: When I get my video done you can tell were it went wrong for me. That stage alone cost me the match, I should ask for the plate as my reward since I won't be getting a plaque lol.

Congrats to the Winners!

Looks like Shaun held onto his 5 point lead and won SS in the first year it was recognized in TN! Nice job Shaun! :cheers:

Gilbert Won Production with my buddy Tod, and Gerard right behind him.

Manny won Limited, of course, and Tony got first A

Bill Drummond won Open with Miss Kaci taking high lady!

Matt Griffen took the honors in the roundy Round game

Nice job guys/gals!

Wow!!! That's some awesome shooting guys! What great RO's and stage designs. A little bit of everything challenging except for long distance targets (I'm not complaining!). God hooked us up with the weather because although rain was in the forcast all day, it never dropped a bit during the match.

Again, great videos and good shooting!

Many thanks to the staff and RO's for a great match. The stages were challenging, and the match was well planned. I did not shoot well, but I had a great time. I'm pretty sure that's the most penalties I've ever had in a single match! To add insult to injury, I dumped water in my ammo bag! What a day. Squad 11 was great and I will definetly shoot this match again.

CDPMatt, thanks for driving.

Burningsquirrels, I appreciate the "Glass is half full" look at things! My "clean ammo" and bag is currently spread across the cleaning bench drying out. I enjoyed shooting with you. Thanks for letting me bum some stage planning tips from you since my brain was obviously not working on Sat.

The GA match is the weekend between A4 and the NPSC (National Police Shooting Championship), which is followed the next weekend by the Nats. I'll ask the wife, but I fear an adverse reaction to the question! I heard you talking about the match and it sounds great.

Thanks for letting me bum some stage planning tips from you since my brain was obviously not working on Sat.

I think that was common. It was a collective effort on quite a few stages. Like when Tom mentioned to Corey and I (3 minutes into the 5 min walk through) that stage 7 was an unloaded start, therefore our plan to load, shoot 8, shoot 8 etc was about to suck (slide lock). :cheers:

Thanks for letting me bum some stage planning tips from you since my brain was obviously not working on Sat.

I think that was common. It was a collective effort on quite a few stages. Like when Tom mentioned to Corey and I (3 minutes into the 5 min walk through) that stage 7 was an unloaded start, therefore our plan to load, shoot 8, shoot 8 etc was about to suck (slide lock). :cheers:

I saw the "Kentucky Collective" at work on stage 9. I can't think of many other sports where contenders within a few points of each other would spend so much time trying to help their competitors get a leg up. Great job!

BB

I saw the "Kentucky Collective" at work on stage 9. I can't think of many other sports where contenders within a few points of each other would spend so much time trying to help their competitors get a leg up. Great job!

BB

Its what we do. I want to win with all other competitors have the best match they can.

SS featuring "the look away". LOL. Yeah, it was a fun last stage. Didn't exactly go to plan. Planned to go slide like at last position, not in the middle. Oh well. I came up with a risky mishmash of a stage plan but felt that if it went well it would be really good.

I was the ro running the Palm and watching for foot faults when Shaun got to the left door with Cory to my right. I wished he could have been just to my left and caught this.He was looking at the swinger he had just got thru shooting and checking his hits while shootng at another target in front of him...and it was not point blank...wasn't far but not point blank....and in case you were wondering he got 2 alpha's on the target.It was one of the neatest and funniest things i've seen in a while.