Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

computer program for dry fire drills.

Glockster35

Does anyone have a computer program for use during dry fire drills?

I used to have a great one, but lost it in a PC crash about 7 years ago.

And for those of you who care to comment, I am using an old laptop for this purpose, and will ensure to clear my pistols before drills. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Glockster35: Did you find the one you want? What do you want it to do? I could probably set something up pretty fast for you.

I may iOS apps in my spare time, and I can also put them on the net, or a download to your mac or pc. If anyone had ideas on what they want a dry fire practice program to do for you please just let me know. I'm still a new shooter, so I don't know a lot about training programs. But, I do know about programming, so I may be able to set you up.

Well, if you want you can post here, or PM me everything you can think of that it did, and anything that you can think of that you would want it to do. I'll see how doable it is. If it's something I can whip up in a couple of nights I'll go for it and post it up here.

• 2 weeks later...

I am wanting a program to use with a Laserlyte LT (http://www.laserlyte.com/products/lts-pro)and a webcam. The webcam would look at the target, produce a start signal and display the hits on the target and the times. A few months I saw a free program that I think does this and downloaded it but now am having trouble finding it. My Lasetlyte LT arrived yesterday and I am very impressed with it so far. Another program that would be useful would make a audible noise when a webcam detected a hit. The webcam would be close to and behind a defuser like a thin sheet of paper or covered with a white styrafoam cup (cup is target) the idea being to aid the Laserlyte LT to work well with a shooting timer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...