Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

speeders in neighborhood

sdm74

My street is a 25mph and the elementary school driveway is next to me. It becomes a dragstrip in the morning when mommy and daddy are dropping their kids off at school. You'd think if they could afford the luxury cars they drive, they could buy the kids shoes to walk to school.

:angry:

Edited by Paul Santiago

I once saw my father pull a speeder out of the driver's seat when he stopped after being told to slow down. That guy drove nice and slow the rest of the time he lived in our area. I can't stand speeders. I live on a cul-de-sac and the lady next door struck my daughter in front of our house. We are the next to last house! Slow down people. She was so traumatized over the event, she stopped talking to us and moved away. My daughter was unhurt luckily.

I once saw my father pull a speeder out of the driver's seat when he stopped after being told to slow down. That guy drove nice and slow the rest of the time he lived in our area. I can't stand speeders. I live on a cul-de-sac and the lady next door struck my daughter in front of our house. We are the next to last house! Slow down people. She was so traumatized over the event, she stopped talking to us and moved away. My daughter was unhurt luckily.

Wow! That's exactly what will happen here I feel. In a development with lots of kids. I love when people complained they put up the yellow "slow children at play" sign, like that does somthing. Im thinking of going out and making speedbumps in the middle of night..lmao. as apparently for some reason you can't have them where I live

I live in a developed neighborhood, about 100m from the corner (all housing streets with no center line). One afternoon I heard somebody make the turn onto my road and hammer the gas. He was wide open until after he passed my house. He was going at least 55 in my 25mph neighborhood. As soon as I heard him nail the gas I started looking for anything to throw at his car but he went by too fast.

I need to inquire about speed bumps.

Be careful with speedbumps. A friend lives in a neighborhood where some serious speedbumps were installed. The fire department sent out a letter to the community that they would not be able to respond in the neighborhood due to the speedbumps and the damage they would cause the firetrucks. My neighborhood installed speedhumps. Much larger but less impact on your vehicle. Yet they still slow people down for the most part.

Be careful with speedbumps. A friend lives in a neighborhood where some serious speedbumps were installed. The fire department sent out a letter to the community that they would not be able to respond in the neighborhood due to the speedbumps and the damage they would cause the firetrucks. My neighborhood installed speedhumps. Much larger but less impact on your vehicle. Yet they still slow people down for the most part.

I'm thinking they actually make the problem worse -- as the real speeders will accelerate/brake between bumps/humps.....