Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shooters connection jp upper

JaviPT22

Finally finished my AR with a jp upper from shooters connection. Anyone have opinions on the best load for this rifle? Thanks in advance!

Jav

No such thing. Can give you some recipees to start with, but it depends on how it is set up and what kind of shooting you want to use it for.

69 Sierra Match Kings pushed by TAC is pretty decent. There are several recipees already posted with these.

As Mark indicated the optimal load for you adn your gun can get pretty specific.

With respect to my experience JP barrels tend to shoot damn near anything with excellent results.

55gr Nosler ballistic tips and Ramshot Exterminator rock ( start at around 23.5 gr and work up)

68 and 75 gr Hornady BTHP both shoot great with Ramshot TAC (Start at around 23 gr and work up)

Good luck, Craig

The best bullets through my JP CTR-02 have been 69gr Match Kings, and 60gr VMAX. TAC and RL15 have been good.

How much TAC have you been putting behind the 60 grain Vmax? I was thinking of starting around 25 grains.

24.5 grs of vv133 ~2950 fps 69 gr smk <1/3 MOA --jp rifle

No pressure signs with that, seeing that its almost 2gr over recommended max?

I was starting to see some initial signs of high pressure with 26.1 gr 140, which gave me ~3000 fps with the 69gr SMKs.

Edited by gose