Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cabin fever

KentG

Everyone seems to feel the same even if its you guys in texas who have to wear a jacket with the shorts or like us in the north who seem to have to shovel snow every day.

I cant get to the range for any kind of real practice or load development.

I think Im going to hit a tanning both this week just to try and help out with the mental state.

Its getting beyond a nuscance issue and turning into a mental health issue almost.

It would be a bit more bearable if we could just get the snow to clear off and hit 40 with some sunshine.

I decided to quit smoking 21 days ago after a bout with the flu, and being stuck in the house is not making it easier! The weather finally broke here(dayton, oh) after a rough week, but it's still pretty cold. I'm layering up and trying my first IDPA match this morning. I need to get out and do something besides work!

Everyone seems to feel the same even if its you guys in texas who have to wear a jacket with the shorts or like us in the north who seem to have to shovel snow every day.

I cant get to the range for any kind of real practice or load development.

I think Im going to hit a tanning both this week just to try and help out with the mental state.

Its getting beyond a nuscance issue and turning into a mental health issue almost.

It would be a bit more bearable if we could just get the snow to clear off and hit 40 with some sunshine.

+1. Come on spring its been a long and cold winter

Season Affective Disorder Syndrome (SADS)

I have noticed that at the end of February there is daylight when we close up shop to go home. Still depressing as there is snow on the range and it is still cold, but the days are getting longer. OK the portion of the day with sun light visible where I am is getting longer. The days area still only 24 hours long, anyway, no matter what the weather gods visit upon us, it will melt away in the near future. When we get a heavy show on the day after Christmas and it is still here in February, it does tend to depress. 10 years ago we'd have driven into the range and shot at the very least a stand and shoot, today we, being older and wiser(?) choose not to.

I really need to shoot a match, out doors and soon.

go to Lowes or home depot, Buy some full spectrum light bulbs, like ones used for plants, Put them in the room you hang out in the most. Can change your whole mood.

Will they fit in something like a ceiling fan?? Going to have to check those out. It may save a life :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...