Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What to Look At During Recoil?

Trvlngnrs

Keep your eyes on the front sight but...

You should see the sigt lift and come back to the same spot where it was before...

You won't nessesarly follow it.. You'll just watch it lift and come back.

Remember that sight is not just going up and down but also backwards and forward..

Your eyes can't work fast enough to keep the sight in focus through out the entire process..

So you will more than likely lose it for a fraction of a second in between :)

Some good info here...I'd say the replies are dead on.

I have tried to analyze how I track the front sight during recoil and I don't "follow" it with my eyes, but rather keep my eyes OPEN. If your eyes are open you will see the sight go up and come back down. It must be peripheral vision that does this or something. It's almost like your BRAIN is focusing on the front sight instead of your eyes...your eyes just stay open.

Hard to explain.

You keep your focus on the place where the sights were, and where they will return. You can adjust a bit if you detect the general platform has moved based on the fuzzy target image, but real speed comes from having your focus locked on that spot and catching the sights at the earliest possible moment when they reenter the position. Don't worry about tracking the sight movement during a match, that's something for practice, not for performance.

Matt

that was a bad habit i had was looking for my first shot it wastes so much time. trust your sights you will perform much better because when you look for your first shot your actualy unmounting the gun slightly bringing back into position and looking for the sights again just trust what you see itl work.

Thanks for all the advice.

I've recently been catching myself looking at the target to see where I just shot. I'm sure this is about the worst thing I can do! I need to break myself of this habit real quick.

Jerry Miculek once said that "if you look at your holes, you've already lost."