Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Limited M&P .40 project

strangedays

So I built a "Limited" gun for shooting USPSA and modified my M&P .40 FS. Gun shoots great and even better with some new parts.

I added the KKM barrel,

SSS Tugsten guide rod,

SSS magwell,

Taylor Freelance Base Pads,

High power mag springs,

Lightening on the slide.

Stippled Grip and finger points along with trigger.

Duracoated the slide.

Green Fiber optic front sight,

Burwell Rear Sight,

Trigger Job and Apex comp spring set.

33vmg6a.jpg

24zj8tt.jpg

1zfhgn9.jpg

18opvq.jpg

Looks great, how's the trigger break and reset feel ?

Trigger break is crisp and right under 3 lbs, Reset is the shortest I have ever felt in a handgun before, the reset on these guns is great as is but with a little work it can be perfect.

I'm thinking about building something similar, just wondering, what benefit does the Tungsten guide rod add to the package?

More weight on the front of the gun. Some people like the feel, some don't.

If I ever leave MA or our laws get fixed, I'm going to do a project like this. The only thing I might do different is removing the logos completely rather than partially with the slide cuts.

Nice Gun.

Looks great! What kind of groups can you shoot with it?

It shoots 3 inch groups at fifteen yards. I have yet to see if I can close that up some but a 3 MOA handgun is fine for me.

I did find that the HK Black Duracoat matches the rest of the gun almost perfect and looks better than the shine it had before. I am running a Fifteen pound spring and shooting major to answer some of the PMs I got.

It shoots 3 inch groups at fifteen yards. I have yet to see if I can close that up some but a 3 MOA handgun is fine for me.

I did find that the HK Black Duracoat matches the rest of the gun almost perfect and looks better than the shine it had before. I am running a Fifteen pound spring and shooting major to answer some of the PMs I got.

Hate to nit-pick but 3 MOA would be 3" at 100 yards. That would be HELLA good for a handgun. That being said, I ran almost this exact set-up for Limited before I got my STI and it was SWEET. Super fast handling.

Hate to nit-pick but 3 MOA would be 3" at 100 yards. That would be HELLA good for a handgun. That being said, I ran almost this exact set-up for Limited before I got my STI and it was SWEET. Super fast handling.

Sorry I have been shooting Long range for to long. Thanks for pointing that out, lol :)