Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Area 1 Multigun Championship

I'm pleased to announce the return of the Area 1 Multigun Championship. Parma, ID will be the host to this years match on October 8-9. Yes this is the same range that hosts the MGM Ironman. I promise the stages won't be quite as intense as the Ironman, but they will be awesome. Some early information is up at www.uspsa1.org under the Area 1 Multigun page. We're looking for stage designs and a match logo if anyone can help. Applications will be posted as soon as possible. Looking forward to seeing everyone in Idaho. Should be a great tune up for the USPSA Nationals a couple weeks later.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pleased to announce the return of the Area 1 Multigun Championship. Parma, ID will be the host to this years match on October 8-9. Yes this is the same range that hosts the MGM Ironman. I promise the stages won't be quite as intense as the Ironman, but they will be awesome. Some early information is up at www.uspsa1.org under the Area 1 Multigun page. We're looking for stage designs and a match logo if anyone can help. Applications will be posted as soon as possible. Looking forward to seeing everyone in Idaho. Should be a great tune up for the USPSA Nationals a couple weeks later.

I just saw this today, thanks Chuck for bringing this back. I'll be there! Should be a good tune up for the Multigun Nationals 2 weeks later.

Doug

Hi everyone,

In addition to the great match staff that we've been fortunate to pull together, the next big thing that is going to make this match rock will be the stages. Like Chuck said, we're looking for stage designs. If you leave it up to us, we'll probably end up with a lot of really itty-bitty targets at really long distances (TG), and a lot of running (me) since I probably can't outshoot ya -so I'm gonna try and outrun you first!

Seriously though, I know Oct is a long way off, but better earlier than later so we can start to get things dialed.

The Area 1 website has some rough guidelines on what we're looking for and what kind of targets and props are available. As soon as I can, we'll get a picture or a drawing of the range layout so stage designers can try and incorporate some of the natural terrain features into their creations. In the last couple of years PRGC has done quite a bit of range improvement and there are some pretty unique pits to play in -including a 360 deg pit.

Also, since I have the artistic ability of a 3 yr old, we're also hoping somebody can help us come up with a cool looking logo for the match.

Contact info is on the Area 1 website, or post Q's here.

Thanks!

-Evans

Any chance of having some shooters choice of guns stages.....I understand USPSA's rules have conflict with that. A 50 yard bay with paper and steel could be shot with a shotgun or pistol, leave out the steel and a rifle could be shot also. Just something I would like to see.

Any chance of having some shooters choice of guns stages.....I understand USPSA's rules have conflict with that. A 50 yard bay with paper and steel could be shot with a shotgun or pistol, leave out the steel and a rifle could be shot also. Just something I would like to see.

Not exactly sure what rule conflict that would be. USPSA had two stages with targets that could be shot with handgun or shotgun at the Nationals last year.

There were two stages at Nationals that gave you the option of engaging certain targets with shotgun or handgun. The targets were metal poppers or us poppers. On one stage two of them activated pigeon flippers. I'd give you the stage numbers or names but the match booklet from last years MG Nats is no longer on the uspsa-nationals.org website.

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody,

Thanks for everyone's patience while we were sorting out the match details, but we hope to open up registration in early May. Due to the time constraints of a two day match with 12 stages we have to limit the total number of competitors to 100. Registration will be on-line by early next week linked from the Area 1 website, and it'll be on a first-come / first-served basis. One of the last details we're trying to finalize before opening up registration is the ability to accept credit card payment via the Parma Rod and Gun Club, which hopefully will make things a little easier for everybody. But for those that prefer mailing a check, that option will be available as well. Match fee will be $75/competitor.

At the same time we will also be accepting applications for Match Staff (Range Officers and Set-up/Tear-Down Crew). So if you're interested in applying for one of the Match Staff positions there will be a separate registration for Staff, which will also reserve you a slot to shoot the match in the event the Staff positions go to somebody else. RO's will be assigned to a squad and will travel with the same squad throughout the duration of the match. As appreciation for your hard work, match staff get their match fees waived, we'll feed you lunch, and you'll also get a few benies / keepsakes from the match.

So keep an eye on the USPSA Area 1 website for Registration link, and one of us will also update this thread when we know exactly which date/time we'll open up registration. http://uspsa1.org/?page_id=56

As a reminder, we're still accepting stage submissions. Please refer to the Area 1 website for some of the guidelines of what we're looking for and where to send them.

Thanks!

-Evans

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Registration is still open, and there are still slots available for this match. To help facilitate organizing all of the "stuff" for a match and knowing how many people to plan for, we're asking that you plan to shoot the match to please register prior to July 31, 2011 (for those of you that are MD's, I'm sure you understand!). We're also working on the stages for the match, and hope to have some good ones for you! Plus, mid-Oct in SW Idaho is usually pretty nice. Mild weather, calm days and cool evenings. Probably my favorite time of year.

For those that applied as RO's or to work on the Set-up/Tear-Down crew, I hope to finalize that this week so look for an email.

Thanks again,

-Evans

Area 1 M-G MD

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that registration for the match has been extended out to September 15, 2011.

We're currently sitting at around 75 shooters, and still have room for another 25 or so. Of note, unless we get additional entries for Limited, HM-Limited and HM-Tactical we won't be able to recognize those divisions per Appendix A2.

As of July 31, 2011, the breakdown of competitors is as follows:

Open: 11

Tactical: 55

Limited: 4

HM-Limited: 1

HM-Tactical: 3

We're also in the process of going over all the stage designs submitted, and will be finalizing those in the next few weeks. Once we get them finalized we'll post them to Area 1's website.

Preliminary round count is looking like:

Rifle: 140

Pistol: 150

Shotgun: 140 (shot)

Shotgun: 30 (slug)

*Round count is subject to change, but wanted to put the rough estimate out there.

Cheers

-Evans

Good deal! Got a few new registrations in the last two days. For all the out of town folks, we'll work on getting hotel info posted soon so you can all start planning ahead. Most likely will suggest one of the motels in Ontario, OR as the closest place. Plus no sales tax!

I will be there. Quick question, is there any activities for family in the area? Sorry I'm a family man. If not it would be nice to know. Would save me from hearing my wife tell me she should have stayed home :)

Any help would be appreciated, regardless I will be there, can't wait. Thanks

Hmm to make a 2nd trip to Parma in the year or not. That is the question.. I tell you what someone needs to tell me were the closest Airport is because If I do go I don't want to do another 15 hour drive!! :wacko:

Any info on a match hotel?

Because I like to be prepared I called the Roadway Inn in Ontario and made reservations. The nice lady asked if it was for a special event, I told her the Area 1 Multi-Gun at the Parma Rod & Gun Club. She had something on file but no specific dates but gave me the $50 per night rate.