Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which state to move to?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up in Tucson and would move back if the job market wasn't crap there. The Kart track outside of Tucson rents 125cc shifter karts if you need to raise your heart rate above 250. 4 wheel drifts in 3rd gear, wide open, with your butt 2 inches off the ground will get your attention. Anyway...

Kentucky has some of the gun friendly-est laws I've encountered. I grew up were a 16 y/o could open carry a G19 without parental consent. Even still, KY impresses me. Besides...then there's the Bourbon! Close proximity to many matches. Rock Castle is 2 hours from my house, or the same as driving from Tucson to Phoenix in traffic. It snows, but usually just enough to remind you how fun it is to drift on snow covered roads (re: first paragraph).

Arizona, any place within driving distance of Rio Salado.... You'd be shooting with some of the best all year long.

You would, of course, have to change your screen name :-)

I'll second that. Where else can you rub shoulders and battle it out with the TGO, on a weekly basis.

;)

Arizona, any place within driving distance of Rio Salado.... You'd be shooting with some of the best all year long.

I'll second that. Where else can you rub shoulders and battle it out with the TGO, on a weekly basis.

;)

Any chance he might rub shoulders at the range with you over in AZ? :D

;)

Any chance he might rub shoulders at the range with you over in AZ? :D

Not much. ;) Unless I happen to be spectating at the Area 2 match.

• 2 weeks later...

I realize this is a bit late... but to add my $.02

Each month, between Tucson and the Phoenix area, there are 8 different USPSA matches. I think there's 7 steel matches. You can shoot TWO matches every weekend, and even some during the week. I haven't shot any of the 3 Gun matches (yet) so I'm not sure on those.

Area 2, driving distance to Vegas... B)

Arizona has a dry heat! :) cold front moving in next week, I hear it's going to be mid 60's better find the parka.

My oven has dry heat, but I don't live in it! As for cold front's, how nice are they in July.....120? ;)

Arizona has a dry heat! :) cold front moving in next week, I hear it's going to be mid 60's better find the parka.

My oven has dry heat, but I don't live in it! As for cold front's, how nice are they in July.....120? ;)

Very noticable! like 118-119 ;)

The whol "it's a dry heat" bit is BS. When it's hot, it's hot. Yes, it's a different FEELING of hot. When you sweat and the wind blows across your face it actually DOES cool you down because it's not 100% humidity, but then again, how "cool" can you get when it's 115 outside. That said, steps can be taken to keep cool when it's that hot. A damp rag tied around your neck does it for me and use plenty of sunscreen. Less clothes to get in the way of your draw and mag changes, too :devil:

WA state is nice. We get rain but very little snow. The local gun club has stuff going year round.

Although I wouldn't call it a retirement location. My retirement location would be Hawaii, or something similar.

SC has some good laws, they are very close to signing a bill to allow carry without a permit. I like the heat and was considering AZ but I still have friends in NY that I like to visit and NY is drivable in one day if you push it hard and two to three days if you drive slow and take your time.

Full auto is legal