Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NYS Rifle Match @Square Deal 4/30 - 5/1

The 2011 New York State Action Rifle Championship will be held Saturday April 30 and Sunday May 1st. Square Deal Sportsmen Club is once again hosting the match. The match application and further details are being finalized so this site will be updated when the information is available (approx 2 weeks).

Save us a squad. We'll be there. This is a really great match.

Not shooting Blue Ridge, Jim?

Not this year. They have some wicked stages no argument there, but they need to work on the match scheduling. You can't have stages that take one and one-half to two hours to clear a squad through and only allow and hour. It plain does not work. If I hear different from this year's match, I'll try to get in next year.

does anyone know if there is a link 4 equipment rules ? thank you

On the application, it says current USPSA rule book for divisions. That should cover it.

I looked and looked and found part of my question, non magnified red dot and iron sights are in the same category (Limited). Now to shoot major PF I do not see a caliber restriction. It just says PF 320 for limited and tactical. And only in heavy metal does it states .308 . Does that mean that 6.5,6.8, 7.62 x 39 all qualify as long as they are at or over 320PF Correct?

does anyone know if there is a link 4 equipment rules ? thank you

On the application, it says current USPSA rule book for divisions. That should cover it.

I looked and looked and found part of my question, non magnified red dot and iron sights are in the same category (Limited). Now to shoot major PF I do not see a caliber restriction. It just says PF 320 for limited and tactical. And only in heavy metal does it states .308 . Does that mean that 6.5,6.8, 7.62 x 39 all qualify as long as they are at or over 320PF Correct?

That's correct. None of those rounds make major safely in rifles that are commonly used, maybe something with a 24" barrel. Otherwise, you'd see them much more often.

All of the applications as of 2/17 have been confirmed with emails sent out. If you did not receive an email, then send me a note: NYSRM.SD@gmail.com. Some rejected for various reasons.

Saturday has 7 openings (Group of 2, 2, 3). Sunday has 13 openings (Group of 10,1 1 1). I know there are more coming in the tomorrow so this will change again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've registered for this contest and am looking forward to it. This is my first action rifle contest, so I have downloaded and read the USPSA Rifle rules. I'm still unclear on equipment. I want to shoot an AR-15, 20" barrel, compensated. I have lots of questions.

- I have newer 10 round mags and preban 30 round mags. I don't have a mag belt holster. What mags should I plan on using and how many rounds does a typical stage use? How many extra mags do I start a stage with?

- I have a 3-12 scope, a 1-4 scope and a JP red dot w/ 45 offset and iron sights. I'd like to avoid open so that I don't end my first contest DFL. What optics should I plan on using. My eyesight isn't so hot anymore.

- Are the stages typically published prior to the match so one can study them and get an idea on what they're going to do?