Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazines

NatNat

Hopefully this topic is in the right forum, If not feel free to move it.

I'm looking for magazines that cover IPSC.

American Handgunner has none and Hanguns Magazine only very little coverage of IPSC/USPSA.

For example:Gun tests (Sti, Infinity, CZ-75...), Gear tests (Dot sights, holsters)ö, Match reports, Shooting Techniques etc.

I'm not only interested in american magazines but it should be english ;-)

Cheers Lennard

I know this may seem a bit obvious but have you considered, or actually joined, USPSA so you get a copy of Front Sight? It is my favorite shooting magazine period. I only ask because I noted that you are not in the US so I assumed that you may not be a member.

-ld

Magazines that cover IPSC? Well there is the new IPSC world on-line magazine.

Here is the sign-up: http://www.ipsc.org/myipscworld/

Here is a link to the inaugural issue: http://flipflashpages.uniflip.com/2/45583/81145/pub/

As for Front Sight as a non-member: (This is my opinion only ;) ) Front Sight is not free. It is paid for by our membership fees. I would think that anyone who desires access to that information should also be required to support the organization that expends the effort to create the magazine. And, USPSA has about 800 foreign members, so feel free to join!

Later,

Chuck

Thanks guys!

Signed up for "MyIPSCWorld", maybe join the USPSA. If someone itnvites me to america i can shoot matches too ;-)

Lennard

Good work! The USPSA membership (foreign rates not withstanding) is a bargain considering that many "regular" print publications cost as much as Front Sight and don't have the other membership benefits.

-ld

• 3 months later...

Lennard, since I joined this Forum three years ago,

I've noticed that NONE of the mags has anywhere near

the valuable info that I can get on a daily, interactive

basis right here.

Mags don't answer many questions, like this Forum does.

And, they don't get into the depth of coverage that

you get right here - for FREE.

Front Sight is The Best mag, but this Forum is

much better, for me.

Good luck,

Jack

For competition shooting related coverage, other than the occasional IDPA article, gun mags have really taken a nosedive over the past 15 years. It used to be, several of them, particularly American Handgunner, would feature articles on the various big matches as well as reviews of custom competition guns with lots of photos by Ichiro Nagata. That's pretty much all gone. There was even a great magazine called "GunGames" dedicated to the action shooting games that was published in the 1990s but shutdown long ago.

I miss "Gun Games". There's a real need for something like this. American Handgunner has lost all it's appeal to me.

Same here. I used to get Gun Games and American Handgunner because they had the most IPSC/USPSA/Steel Challenge/3-Gun/Masters/Bianchi Cup content out of all the major magazines, not to mention the occasional article on some of the cool guns used in ISSF shooting (50m pistol, Olympic Rapidfire, Sport Pistol, etc). Now, it seems all the mags want to do is write articles on how tacticool the latest $4k custom assembled carry piece from Nighthawk or Wilson is or what's the best carry holster. I can't remember the last time I bought a gun magazine off the newsstand, much less had a subscription (other than Front Sight).