Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 VA/ MD Section

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks to everyone who came out to shoot with us!

Over 260 shooters, 251 rounds, 9 stages + chronograph in a half day format!

The match was a great success and ran smoothly thanks to the great group of volunteers that made it happen. This match happens because of them! I can't say enough about this group of folks that give there time, energy and sweat to make this match seem easy.

Thanks again to all our sponsors for your efforts helping to make the match memorable.

What a long weekend. Our group shot the Ohio Sectional on Friday, drove to Frederficksburg on Saturday, shot the VAMD and drove back to Canton Ohio on Sunday. I wanted to send Kudos to everyone who put together and ran the VAMD sectional. We got to meet some great people and made some new friends as well as shoot some awesome stages. Thanks to such a well ran match, we had enough time to get home at a decent time. This is a truly beautiful facility with great people supporting it. Every stage was ran with extreme proficiency and professionalism. I am looking forward to Area 8 in September. Thank you.

Fredericksburg crew - Thanks for puting on a great match. this is the first year that I can remember going to Fredericksburg and not being rained on while we shot... :blink:

I really enjoyed the stages....offered a little bit of everything. Too bad my gun did not enjoy them and decided not to show up. She's been a acting like a b*&^h lately. Now to figure out what is wrong.

Again, thanks everybody for a fun match.

It was another very excellent and fun match!! Thanks to Jeff and all of the volunteers and staff for such a smooth running half day format match!! :cheers: This one is already on the schedule for next year. :ph34r: Also great to see all the other shooters that I usually only get to see when I am up in the area.

Great job. I was impressed that i was out of there by like 630ish on saturday afternoon. I was expecting it to be much later.

It was a great match, my only complaint (other than my gun) was stage one didn't look anything like the drawing. J/K i know they are only a reference.

General question about shooting matches and winning prizes and stuff.

Do the guys who actually win stages get prizes from the companies that sponsered the stages or is it more just for bragging rights.

Are there payouts for division/class winners or is it just trophies.

Thanks again match staff

hope area 8 runs just a smooth

Edited by ss+P

"....Do the guys who actually win stages get prizes from the companies that sponsered the stages or is it more just for bragging rights?..."

The short answer is "no". The generous sponsors who support our match get their name on the stages. There's no correlation to the prizes, as we ran a random prize draw and products were mixed in with all of the other prizes. That's why when you checked in at registration, you were either handed a prize or informed "No soup for you!"

I can only speak for the VA/MD Sectional. Our match itself was plaque awards only. I can't speak for others, as they may distribute prized differently, including an order of finish prize table.

We're glad you had a good time, come back again and join us at the Area 8 Championship in September.

Rob

Great job. I was impressed that i was out of there by like 630ish on saturday afternoon. I was expecting it to be much later.

It was a great match, my only complaint (other than my gun) was stage one didn't look anything like the drawing. J/K i know they are only a reference.

General question about shooting matches and winning prizes and stuff.

Do the guys who actually win stages get prizes from the companies that sponsered the stages or is it more just for bragging rights.

Thanks again match staff

hope area 8 runs just a smooth

Only one stage didn't look anything like the drawing? I will work harder on the drawings next year I try hard to make the chrono stage drawing look nothing like the real chrono stage. Thanks for coming

pigdawg i was just busting your chops man. They where fine, but it was funny to walk up to and go this is that stage, hahaha i am laughing pretty hard at myself right now.

thanks for the info on the prizes and payouts and what not.

look forward to seeing you guys at either the mid atlantic or area 8.

pigdawg i was just busting your chops man. They where fine, but it was funny to walk up to and go this is that stage, hahaha i am laughing pretty hard at myself right now.

thanks for the info on the prizes and payouts and what not.

look forward to seeing you guys at either the mid atlantic or area 8.

Yes I know you were giving me a hard time. I did it to Lew also asking him why none of the stages looked like my drawings.

This was another great match! The stages were fun and challenging and expertly run by a terrific group of RO's. Huge thanks to all involved in making this happen: Lew, Jeff, Seth, Jeff, and Tracy just to name a few. Thank you, thank you, thank you! With out your dedication and hard work our sport couldn't exist. Congratulations to the winners!

Yes, congratulations to the match winners... including you, Turtle! :cheers: I watched Mr. Sindelar shooting on Saturday and he looked razor sharp.

I made the trip down from northern VT for the second time and it looks like this will be an annual pilgrimage. A terrific match and at a good time of year to start tuning up in earnest for the competition season. Four of us came down and we all had a great time (though my friend AWLAZS' results don't reflect his skill, since his gun crapped out completely on a couple of stages). It was great to see some old friends and make a few new ones too.

A big thanks to everyone who worked so hard to put on the event... well done, folks! :D

VERY, VERY good match!!

Although I did not shoot well, the match was well run.

The stages were challenging, fun and kept the match moving . . Kudos to all who helped and ran the match!!

See you next year!

Word on the street is that some people wanted to see the combined results for the match, to see how they stacked up against their friends. Ask, and ye shall receive:

http://www.vamduspsa.com/match-info.html

Thanks Rob. I always enjoy seeing the results on an "everybody" basis as well as the Division results. Haven't seen that in awhile.

Edited by Jeff Matzka