Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady LNL AP handle, has anyone used this handle?

I was thinking of using the Dillon handle but I'm not even sure the threads are the same. I came across this yesterday and was thinking that the bent rod will make it easier to use.

http://ultimatereloader.com/2009/02/22/hornady-lock-n-load-roller-handle/

PS I got my press a few days before Christmas but didn't open the box because I didn't want to drive myself crazy with a press that I couldn't set up due to parts on back order. But yesterday I had t open it up to get the serial number to mail in the bullet rebate. So now I am impatiently waiting for the parts I need

How well does it work sitting down. I also want the bullet tray, but 48.00 bucks is a little much. I am going to email him for the price of the combo.

It is a lot of money but I have the same type handle on my Dillon and I like it a lot

Its not nearly as nice as the Dillon. It's very thin. Thats not very nice in my book.

Just be aware that the handle (were you grip it)is very thin.He really should find a handle that is twice as thick as the one he uses.

I looked and could not find one the right width and diameter. I could get close but not perfect. Eventially I found one that was close and I made a roller for my Star Sizer. Comparing that my Dillon Roller is a joke. The only way get a better roller is to step on to a 1/2" roller if I remember correctly. For the cost of his roller you could just buy the bigger roller I got and then tap the existing handle. Do a search for "roller handle" and will find the rollers pretty easy. Dillon roller is 4.125 long and very smooth spinner.

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta put a plug in for the 8 ball that I bought from ANeat over on Glocktalk. I have loaded about 1,000 rounds with it now and it is so much nicer than than the smaller abrasive POS plastic ball that came on the LnL. $15 shipped is a deal, and it got here fast, easy install, great purchase.

The roller handle keeps me from getting blisters and from having various repetitive motion pains when reloading. Objectively it is better than stock. However, The handle is short and thin. I'd love to find a replacement.

I gotta put a plug in for the 8 ball that I bought from ANeat over on Glocktalk. I have loaded about 1,000 rounds with it now and it is so much nicer than than the smaller abrasive POS plastic ball that came on the LnL. $15 shipped is a deal, and it got here fast, easy install, great purchase.

ya i definitely rep adam on a lot of forums! his balls are great