Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock front sight recommendations.....

G17fan

I am using Heinie #320 Black Rear sight for the rear (Brownnells part number 394-100-322).

On the front I am using AmeriGlo GST-225 which is a thin serrated sight (.225h x .090w)

With these sights you can really see the target. I really like them on my G-17, G-22 and G-34.

I hope that helps you out on your decision.

Roadkill_751

Edited by Roadkill751

Here is what I have on my Glocks from Dawson. The one .300" Tall was ordered on accident or something??? I didnt even realize it was different until i measured them all for a friend that was sbout to do just as you are now. The .300" tall one works as good as the .285" tall. Neither have any clearance issues with my BladeTech holsters. I use the green fiber optic front with adjustable rear. Only complaint on these is that they seem to want to rust if you don't put a little rem oil on them.

Dawson Precision Glock Sights

Glock 34 - Production - .285" Tall x .100" Wide

Glock 34 - 3 Gun - .300" Tall x .100" Wide

Glock 35 - Limited - .285" Tall x .100" Wide

Glock 24 - Limited - .285" Tall x .100" Wide

Rear sights are all ~.100" Deep x ~.122" Wide

Edited by jtischauser

Here is what I have on my Glocks from Dawson. The one .300" Tall was ordered on accident or something??? I didnt even realize it was different until i measured them all for a friend that was sbout to do just as you are now. The .300" tall one works as good as the .285" tall. Neither have any clearance issues with my BladeTech holsters. I use the green fiber optic front with adjustable rear. Only complaint on these is that they seem to want to rust if you don't put a little rem oil on them.

Dawson Precision Glock Sights

Glock 34 - Production - .285" Tall x .100" Wide

Glock 34 - 3 Gun - .300" Tall x .100" Wide

Glock 35 - Limited - .285" Tall x .100" Wide

Glock 24 - Limited - .285" Tall x .100" Wide

Rear sights are all ~.100" Deep x ~.122" Wide

Can I use the .285"tall and .100" wide with my stock rear sight or do I need to change that out as well?

Thanks for the original info.

The stock Glock rear sight is extremely short, as is the front sight blade. Any high profile front sight blade is going to be much taller than the stock front sight, therefore designed to work with a rear sight likewise much taller than the stock unit.

Yes, you need to replace the rear as well as the front.

CPWSA carries a front sight that works well with the factory rear. It is .125 W and .165 tall. I also turn the factory rear sight around backwords with this sight. I have this set up on my G17 now and very happy with it. Scroll half way down this link and you will see it. It is $39.

http://www.cpwsa.com/dawson_precision.htm

Edited by Ryan N

CPWSA carries a front sight that works well with the factory rear. It is .125 W and .165 tall. I also turn the factory rear sight around backwords with this sight. I have this set up on my G17 now and very happy with it. Scroll half way down this link and you will see it. It is $39.

http://www.cpwsa.com/dawson_precision.htm

Wow... Thank you Ryan N very much!

Okay, I just had an idea... ( not sure if its a good one though )

Can I apply flouresent paint to my front sight to get the same "bright" effect that an optic front sight will provide?

I dont know why but I just remembered reading about this a while back in a magazine article.

Thanks and Happy New Year to everyone! Be safe.

:cheers:

Can I apply flouresent paint to my front sight to get the same "bright" effect that an optic front sight will provide?

I dont know why but I just remembered reading about this a while back in a magazine article.

paint will not "glow" like a fiber rod will. some millet front sight blades and smith and wesson fronts have fluro inserts in them and are not near what my .040 fiber rod is. it is very small and bright while being precise.

paint will not "glow" like a fiber rod will. some millet front sight blades and smith and wesson fronts have fluro inserts in them and are not near what my .040 fiber rod is. it is very small and bright while being precise.

Sounds like I should just go with the fiber optic front. :D