Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Preaching to the Choir....

A few weeks ago I asked you folks what was the best method to get a rusted up old press up and going. All of you who responded to my question recommended I send it in to Dillon for a "re-furb"...

Well, took everyone's advice and packed it up and shipped it back to Arizona. This was just a couple weeks ago (at most). Today, I am grinnin' ear-to-ear! The press was dropped off by FedEx this afternoon. It is in incredible condition. All new parts, (many more than I expected or deserved). New powder funnels, a new primer warning device, new powder dies, a new tool-head etc...heck, they even swapped me out for two (2) new Powder Drops...brand new!

Anyone who really thinks they are "saving money" by purchasing "off-Blue" reloading equipment is not taking into consideration the incredible customer service Dillon provides. I've had a 650 since 2002 and the customer care has never been anything but great....however, this 550 "re-furb" is way beyond what I'd expected.

Thank you Dillon!! As usual, exceeding customer expectations.

Bob

Before:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

After:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Edited by vonfatman

George,

I love that you were right! Thanks for the suggestion.

nji,

I can not see many re-furb'd parts...other than the press itself.

Ken,

It looks like the one I sent them...but to be honest with you... did not know there was a serial number on the press and thus I never noted it.

Again, thanks guys. You helped me out on this one.

Bob

And people wonder why? I've had my old press refurbished twice, and the second time they paid for it because one major part had broken....hard to argue with that. R,

This is why I only buy blue - and I mean everything- from dies, to scales, to presses. Their warranty goes beyond beyond what is required of a company.

Howdy to the forum,Have a moral and ethical problem ,looking for some kind of direction

I have a old 1000 press very pre 1050 cannot get it rebuilt at dillon as they have no parts for a complete rebuild. I have been advised by some people to call dillon and ask for a tradeup as they are unable to do the rebld and thus cannot 0nner their unlimited warranty. Am hesitant to do this, What say you. Sorry for length of post

Howdy to the forum,Have a moral and ethical problem ,looking for some kind of direction

I have a old 1000 press very pre 1050 cannot get it rebuilt at dillon as they have no parts for a complete rebuild. I have been advised by some people to call dillon and ask for a tradeup as they are unable to do the rebld and thus cannot 0nner their unlimited warranty. Am hesitant to do this, What say you. Sorry for length of post

I don't know about the 1000, but the 1050 doesn't have a Lifetime Warranty.

I have no idea why you'd consider this a moral/ethical problem... Call Dillon, and see what they say. They might give you a good deal on a 1050 if you trade in the 1000... who knows. Or are you looking to get out of this at no cost? I like the 1050s but there is something about the "cradle to grave" warranty on the other presses that I like.

Edited by Ken8521

I agree with Ken, there is no problem with contacting them with the question - they are straight shooters.

That is one option. The other one is to sell the 1000 - that model has a cult of followers, I think the presses are in demand among the aficionados, so you might get good price for it.

Dillon is the HEAT! I have 3 550s and have been loading on one of them since I bought it in 1987. It kept my entire SFODA in competition ammo for 2 years at one point and is still running strong. Customer service is awesome! I don't even consider loading on anything else.

• 1 month later...

kinda upset lucky you! mine went in same dirty look as yours and came back same look as they went in i was upset they didnt even clean mine at all just put a few small parts in and called it a day guess you got lucky with yours. i mean they even put the same old scrubby parts back in it oh well. i dont know what to say!

Edited by Bello

• 3 weeks later...