Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNH USA 3 Gun Championship Nov 10-12, 2011

Larry,

Would you be comfortable flying into either of the two airports you have recommended?

Is one more "gun friendly" than the other?

I was even thinking about Pittsburgh although the drive is longer.

Just want to avoid potential hassles.

Thanks mister,

Patrick

Both airports I have flown out of and into with firearms and received no hassles. Depending upon the time of day for your arrival and departure, Dulles Airport can be a PIA due to traffic as people use the Toll Road, RT 28 or RT 7. Baltimore may be a little longer but you may not have as much traffic to deal with. You would be looking at about 1.5 hours from either one.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As some one who lived in the DC area, for 45 years, your best bet is to fly into Dulles. Much shorter drive to the range.

BWI has better rates on flights, but getting from there to the range using the DC Beltway into Virginia, can be a nightmare. And Virginia is a much more of a gun friendly state than Maryland. Of course it all depends on the time of day you plan to arrive. Traffic can be a real crap shoot. That time of year the weather can be very mixed, rain and cold, or even snow, or

can be in the 80's and humid, or perfect weather. Plan on all! LOL!

MATCH ANNOUNCEMENT:

I am pleased to announce the FNH USA 3 Gun Championship scheduled for 10 - 12 November 2011 in Glengary, West Virginia, which is outside of Inwood, WV along the I-81 corridor. 9 challenging courses of fire over natural terrain and shooting bays will test each competitor. Preliminary round count is 120 rifle, 120 pistol, 100 birdshot and 20 slugs. You will shoot all handgun, rifle and shotgun on each stage. You will shoot all three days with half day format, shooting 3 stages in either the morning or afternoon.

Just to clarify in regards to the days we shoot so I can start looking for flights. We are shooting on Thursday the 10th, Friday the 11th, and Saturday the 12th and doing prizes on that same Saturday just like Rocky Mountain does it?

If one is lucky enough to make it into the Top 50 and gets to participate in teh 3 Gun Nation match how/when does that work?

Love the signature! I am gonna go practice shotgun now so I don't embarrass myself any longer!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Larry,

Would you be comfortable flying into either of the two airports you have recommended?

Is one more "gun friendly" than the other?

I was even thinking about Pittsburgh although the drive is longer.

Just want to avoid potential hassles.

Thanks mister,

Patrick

Baltimore is a piece of cake to fly in & out of with firearms. I'd avoid Pittsburgh, mainly 'cause of all the Steeler's fans. In terms of Baltimore traffic ... you're only going to be on the beltway for 5 or 6 miles before you hop on I-70. If you plan to land between 4 pm & 7pm, give yourself an extra 20 - 30 minutes to get over to the WInchester, VA area.

Edited by StephensOutdoors

MATCH ANNOUNCEMENT:

I am pleased to announce the FNH USA 3 Gun Championship scheduled for 10 - 12 November 2011 in Glengary, West Virginia, which is outside of Inwood, WV along the I-81 corridor. 9 challenging courses of fire over natural terrain and shooting bays will test each competitor. Preliminary round count is 120 rifle, 120 pistol, 100 birdshot and 20 slugs. You will shoot all handgun, rifle and shotgun on each stage. You will shoot all three days with half day format, shooting 3 stages in either the morning or afternoon.

Just to clarify in regards to the days we shoot so I can start looking for flights. We are shooting on Thursday the 10th, Friday the 11th, and Saturday the 12th and doing prizes on that same Saturday just like Rocky Mountain does it?

If one is lucky enough to make it into the Top 50 and gets to participate in teh 3 Gun Nation match how/when does that work?

Love the signature! I am gonna go practice shotgun now so I don't embarrass myself any longer!

Awards banquet meal is scheduled to start around 7:30 pm on Saturday night with the presentation of colors by the Marine Corp. Jesse you are correct the FNH USA match Nov 10-12, half day format, you will shoot 3 stages in a row and then have half day off so you can visit the area to include a great local gun store Valley Guns II which is 15 minutes from the range.

3 Gun Nation CHampionship starts Sunday morning Nov 13 at first light. According to Chad, 4 stages, down to a final 16 then all the shoot offs. I am proposing someting unique! You are paired up like a golf pairing example 50 and 49th place start at 0800 on stage 1, walk thru and shooting moving to the next stage. Stage 2 at 0810 and so on until you are done the 4 stages in less than an hour then you can go back and watch the others. Hopefully they get a big leader board so you can see the race as it develops.

What do you think?

Also if you fly into BWI may I recommend travling 70 west to I-81 south. You will avoid, DC and VA traffic which can come to a stand still at times, trust me I lived there for 40 years. You may spend a few more miles driving and a few more minutes but potentially could avoid the hour wait to travel 2.5 miles in Northern VA traffic.

Larry

Edited by sbmd

Plus 1 for Baltimore.

I would llike another rule clarification. If we are going to measure AR magizines, does that mean shotguns with tubes that hold over 8 move to open?

I have copied this out of our rules for the tac scope and tac irons guys....

5.3.5.6 Not more than nine (9) rounds total may be loaded at the beginning of any stage, unless otherwise stipulated in the stage briefing.

Yes we are going to measure AR mag bodies.

Just a friendly update.....as you know the area where the range is located has had more than their fair share of rain this summer. Due to the rain, they are behind in constructing of the bays. If the bays are not finished, we will be putting more stages on natural terrain. So the match will most likely be 50/50 bays to natural terrain or 60/40 natural terrain to bays!

Hope no one is upset about that!

Just a friendly update.....as you know the area where the range is located has had more than their fair share of rain this summer. Due to the rain, they are behind in constructing of the bays. If the bays are not finished, we will be putting more stages on natural terrain. So the match will most likely be 50/50 bays to natural terrain or 60/40 natural terrain to bays!

Hope no one is upset about that!

I can't imagine anyone being upset about that! Maybe Sept and the 1st week of October will be wet too.

There is lot of great natural terrain locations for stages. The owner of this brand new range is a great guy who is really looking forward to hosting us, he just is not having any luck with the weather for moving dirt. With that said, he is making a lot of progress on everything else. I think all of you will be very impressed with the range, and everything else like the ease of being able to fly in (3 airports to choose from) and the towns to be able to stay overnight. The FN team has picked a great spot for their match!

Just wanted to say a BIG Thank You to all the sponsors. We have a $160K prize table and growing. If anyone wishes to sponsor the match please contact me.

MATCH SPONSOR

FNH USA

GOLD

Adams Arms

Stag Arms

Silver

Starlight Cases

Warne Scope Mounts

Predator Tactical

Bronze

DPMS

Lancer Systems

Rudy Project

Samson Manufacturing

LaRue Tactical

MAC Tools

Hornady

Surefire

C-More

Stage

Leupold

Aimpoint

Barrett

Sierra Bullets

XRAIL

Primary Weapons Systems

Safariland

Black Rain Ordnance

Crimson Trace

Donor

Brownells

Magpul

Geissele

Nightforce

Contributor

Virginia Arms

5.11 Tactical

Otis

Pelican

Tactical Solutions

Chameleon Fabrics

Edited by sbmd

What kind of rifle distance is there going to be. Everything generally in the 100-200 yard like Ozark?, or 150-350 yard like Blue Ridge? Knowing the layout I have a rough idea, but I had a friend email me this question.

NEVERMIND, I just noticed the distances printed on the stage diagrams....nice touch!

Edited by ap3

Still trying to get out of this match. Larry or Linda where are you. Just trying to give guys on the waiting list a heads up. If anybody has good contact info to get out let me know. Email and PM's not being answered. thanks

I got the email....haven't seen anything from Linda but she is catching up after a brief side trip. Kamenski, you are not getting out that easy...I am switching to tac optics, I need another chance to whip up on your from Fairfax last year!

If you are thinking about, considering or otherwise have not signed up for the match.....this is your lucky day. After some crazy shifting, inventive design and the right thing to do, the match has created the opportunity for additional people to enter the match. Currently the waiting list has been exhausted and we are once again taking applications. Space is limited so get your application in with match fee prior to 1 October as the match fee goes up.

This is going to be an exciting event and one not to miss.

Larry