Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock-35 Open Gun

Katt9

I have a spare G-35 and I am also thinging of using it for an entry platform to Open. You may add cost in there as a reason as well. I have a barrel and comp on tap and would use an oversized barrel for 9mm major in the G-35 frame. Trigger,guide rod and recoil spring, mags and mag funnel from JSC. Now, I want to mount a red dot HUD on the slide to push it close to the bores axis. Lone Wolf Distributiers has several methods to accomplish this by different type of cuts to the slide. See LWD: My link.

The Burriss Fast Fire II, Doctor, J Point and RMR are all sight prospects. I have Several concerns, most of these sights only offer a 4 moa dot, i'm thinking 8 moa is a better choice. Also, since the sight is mounted to the slide there is additionalsight movement to manage as it archs up (normal) it moves from front to back with the slide? Any real problems here? Further, the slide bangs back and forth with a lot of energy, just being open, will the sights withstand this abuse?

I used the G35 open before switched to STI.I like G35 set up better than G17.Make sure your LWD barrel is chamber opened up or you'll have feeding problem.If you like the slide ride mount Springer Precision has a mount for Fast-Fire II and Docter by mount them in thr rear sight slot.I used both Fast-Fire and Docter.Fast-Fire hold up the recoil very well but the on-off switch is the only issue.Docter need to do some bulet proof(glue all the wires).

Edited by yuthh

Have you considered the Leupold Deltapoint reflex sight? It has a "delta" 7.5 MOA option, is durable, lightweight, has a large "screen", and an auto on-off motion sensitive power switch. Bowie Tactical Concepts can machine your G35 slide and install the Deltapoint in a position lower to the bore vs. mounting it on top of the slide.

Hi,

I tried this on my Glock G17 Gen 4. I already had the sight, so it was just a quick and dirty, learning by doing, test for €50 (GIS Holder) to see how it was going to be to shoot open.

The Aimpoint Micro has 4 MOA. I think 6 MOA would be better and 8 probably too big for my liking.

I'm looking at the G35, and I'd probably go for a C MORE 6 MOA.

Glock-OPEN-2010-1.jpg

More pics:

http://www.3gun.se/entry.php?5-Aimpoint-Micro-H1-monterat-på-Glock-17-(Gen-4)-m.h.a.-FAB-GIS

This is a friend's G35 with C MORE. Works well.

2010-IPSC-Gropen-Open-13.jpg

2010-IPSC-Gropen-Open-27.jpg

Those small sights are soooo... ahem... small... their dots are also sooo small... I would not get obsessed with low mount. When I see how much better than I the masters shoot with their traditional and very tall mounted C-mores, I realize a few millimeters closer to the bore will not make me a better shooter.

I like the C-more on Glock idea for the simple reason it gives you so many more options.

Besides the size there is also the brightness issue. Try it on a very sunny day first. The small sights I have seen were all too dim for my eyes. Young guys might not have that problem, of course, but I simply set my C-more to max, and it is never too bright for me.

I used the G35 open before switched to STI.I like G35 set up better than G17.Make sure your LWD barrel is chamber opened up or you'll have feeding problem.If you like the slide ride mount Springer Precision has a mount for Fast-Fire II and Docter by mount them in thr rear sight slot.I used both Fast-Fire and Docter.Fast-Fire hold up the recoil very well but the on-off switch is the only issue.Docter need to do some bulet proof(glue all the wires).

yuthh,

I have made notes for Springer Precision and to hard polish/open LWD chamber. Thanks.

Have you considered the Leupold Deltapoint reflex sight? It has a "delta" 7.5 MOA option, is durable, lightweight, has a large "screen", and an auto on-off motion sensitive power switch. Bowie Tactical Concepts can machine your G35 slide and install the Deltapoint in a position lower to the bore vs. mounting it on top of the slide.

45 Raven,

I have looked at material on the Deltapoint. I have an ACOG with an open Delta aimpoint on my A4. Not sure how delta vs dot would work. That said, Deltapoint has a championship, Biancia Cup.

Hi,

I tried this on my Glock G17 Gen 4. I already had the sight, so it was just a quick and dirty, learning by doing, test for €50 (GIS Holder) to see how it was going to be to shoot open.

The Aimpoint Micro has 4 MOA. I think 6 MOA would be better and 8 probably too big for my liking.

I'm looking at the G35, and I'd probably go for a C MORE 6 MOA.

Glock-OPEN-2010-1.jpg

More pics:

http://www.3gun.se/entry.php?5-Aimpoint-Micro-H1-monterat-på-Glock-17-(Gen-4)-m.h.a.-FAB-GIS

This is a friend's G35 with C MORE. Works well.

2010-IPSC-Gropen-Open-13.jpg

2010-IPSC-Gropen-Open-27.jpg

3 gun Sweden,

The larger dot seems to be the concensis of responders. The C-more removes a lot of , "what ifs". Your friends picture, with C-more mounted to slide will drop sight lint closer to bore!

Those small sights are soooo... ahem... small... their dots are also sooo small... I would not get obsessed with low mount. When I see how much better than I the masters shoot with their traditional and very tall mounted C-mores, I realize a few millimeters closer to the bore will not make me a better shooter.

I like the C-more on Glock idea for the simple reason it gives you so many more options.

Foxbat,

The c-more is becoming my leading canidate. My plan to limit height was not for preveived accuarcy, rather a hope for an ease of transation since I always have to move down to find the dot.

I have a spare G-35 and I am also thinging of using it for an entry platform to Open. You may add cost in there as a reason as well. I have a barrel and comp on tap and would use an oversized barrel for 9mm major in the G-35 frame. Trigger,guide rod and recoil spring, mags and mag funnel from JSC. Now, I want to mount a red dot HUD on the slide to push it close to the bores axis. Lone Wolf Distributiers has several methods to accomplish this by different type of cuts to the slide. See LWD: My link.

The Burriss Fast Fire II, Doctor, J Point and RMR are all sight prospects. I have Several concerns, most of these sights only offer a 4 moa dot, i'm thinking 8 moa is a better choice. Also, since the sight is mounted to the slide there is additionalsight movement to manage as it archs up (normal) it moves from front to back with the slide? Any real problems here? Further, the slide bangs back and forth with a lot of energy, just being open, will the sights withstand this abuse?

Check my RMR mount here. http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117440

AM or PM?

Wildkow