Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Michigan

BrianTN

Well, I moved up here around May of this year. So far it hasn't been what I was expecting. Most of the people I work with were born and raised here. We seem to have different views on everything, so much that it's been hard to start any kind of relationship/friendship. Basically I'm stuck with going to the hospital for work, then back home or to the library to study. I guess I shouldn't be complaining too much, since I should be studying as much as I can while in med school, but it'd be nice to meet someone with similar views. It doesn't help that the people I knew here before I moved up turned out to not be such great friends (I made a thread about this earlier). Oh and the freezing cold isn't for me, that's for sure. At least I can have some fun doing donuts in the snow :)

Looking forward to driving south to family for Christmas.

Although I have some great friends in Michigan (from the old days Second Chance match)... A bumper sticker I saw long ago came to mind when I saw this thread. "Will the last one out of Michigan please turn out the lights."

I'd like to get one of those bumper stickers :roflol:

Guess what I came home to? A water leak from the 12th floor that soaked my apartment on the 7th floor. Awesome. Just in time to screw with my studying for an OB/GYN test this Friday. Looks like I won't be leaving for TN this weekend, gotta wait for the new carpet to be installed.

Although I have some great friends in Michigan (from the old days Second Chance match)... A bumper sticker I saw long ago came to mind when I saw this thread. "Will the last one out of Michigan please turn out the lights."

I believe that phrase was originally for Illinois. My folks live in Michigan now and it's a completely different world up/over there. It's amazing how much more I go visit them on the weekends during shooting season. They're only 10 minutes away from a USPSA club. :devil:

Stop piling on poor MI.

Working at a hospital and in med school... I've got to assume you're in Ann Arbor? That would explain a lot!

I'm in Southfield. I guess MI in general isn't bad, I'm sort of tired of the people I work with though haha.

Not enough shooting + leaving my Dillon behind in TN + too much studying + very unreliable friends = a bummed out Brian.

I lived in Lansing as a kid for a while with my non-english speaking grandma. My only friend and I got caught shoplifting and I did walk to school in the dead of winter..........Not, no change that to no good memories from there...

I built two buildings on two separate trips , one in Lansing in 1979 i did not care for it much. the second trip was a building in Roseville-just north of Detroit. That was a good trip. I did get an education on prejudice though Every one had a label for everyone else. They did not know what to call me and every one adopted me and said they would watch the "other guys" for me

I did not fit the Hillbilly label so I made lots of friends. Good Friends

Both trips were spring and summer , and I had the buildings complete before fall.