Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15Targets Texas State Tactical 2-Gun Match

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I wanted to let you all know that I am the Match Director for this event.

Josh/GorillaTactical has been doing a great job of posting the info, making the video and spreading the word about this event for us, and he will continue to be the best contact person on the forums for any questions or comments you may have.

If anyone needs to get in touch with me directly feel free to email me: Jeremy@ar15targets.com.

We also appreciate your input on the name of the match, the name was proposed during an open discussion about the event and we all really liked it. We did some checking into it and our findings were that the Soldier of Fortune name was not protected for an event like this (It is obviously a video game, and magazine). We were completely unaware that there had ever been a match with the same name before, and regardless of the legal aspect of it once we realized that it had in fact been a match (because of the people on this forum letting us know) we changed the name to avoid any confusion or possibly disturb a legendary match!

Our goal is to make this an annual event that kicks off every year with a lot of fun, a lot of rounds and lots of prizes!

Right now we have Bushmaster and Springfield Armory contributing firearms to the prize table, and we are working with NUMEROUS other vendors both large and small, national and local to offer a substantial prize table for everyone.

As Josh touched upon earlier we are going to have some of our latest and greatest target systems at this match, included will be our computer controlled pneumatic reactive steel target system (if the name is confusing try being the guy that designed it!), as well as both of our new electronic hit recognition systems.

As you may already know Best of the West Shooting Sports in Liberty Hill is a new range, with 10 tactical bays ranging from 40 yards to 125 yards, and has TWO 500 yard ranges that we will be utilizing. They really have made one of the best, and most versatile facilities in the country and they are the ones making this event possible for us to hold right in our own back yard! As if all of that isn't enough for you, the range's own Billy-Ray will be BBQ'ing lunch for everyone Saturday and Sunday!

Ohh yeah, and it will be about 75% steel, we are after all a steel target company, not a paper one :)

Happy shooting and hope to see many of you at the match!

Thats odd. It is working now. I was on Internet explorer 8.

I forgot to mention in my massive post, the current website is hosted as a flash site. We will be switching it over to a more conventional HTML driven site within a couple of days. As was mentioned by someone else earlier Apple doesn't play well with Flash, and some Windows browsers don't like it either unless it's got the right set of plugins installed so any website compatibility issues will be resolved within a few days with the new site.

Dear Santa,

, what I want for Christmas,,,

The G rated version

A shooting Match in Texas that you get to shoot all kinds of Steel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!! YES!!! YES!!! Thank you in advance!!

On Last years Christmas list, I asked for a winning lotto ticket,

Thank you!! That $3 dollars was great!

On this years list,,,, I will be more specific about that Lotto thing...

Yours truly Jim

Jeremy Can we turn in a application at this Sunday club match? two of us will come down from San Antonio

Absolutely! We are working closely with Texas Multi Gun (Sheldon) on this event, as well as Best of the West Shooting Sports.

You can feel free to give your registration paperwork and match fee's to Sheldon or drop it off at the Best of the West office any time.

I should also be at the 3-gun this Sunday at BotW so you can even hand deliver it to me.

Jeremy Can we turn in a application at this Sunday club match? two of us will come down from San Antonio

Absolutely! We are working closely with Texas Multi Gun (Sheldon) on this event, as well as Best of the West Shooting Sports.

You can feel free to give your registration paperwork and match fee's to Sheldon or drop it off at the Best of the West office any time.

I should also be at the 3-gun this Sunday at BotW so you can even hand deliver it to me.

Jeremy - please verify that we can shoot more than one division (one on Saturday and another on Sunday). I'm toying with the idea of shooting both Tactical Optics and Limited (with a 1x optic). If we shoot two divisions on different days, do we get two shots at the prize table based on finish in each division? Also, think Josh mentioned in one of his posts that the match fee for shooting a second division would be reduced (think it was $75 for the second entry).

I also plan on signing up at Sunday's match.

Jeremy - please verify that we can shoot more than one division (one on Saturday and another on Sunday). I'm toying with the idea of shooting both Tactical Optics and Limited (with a 1x optic). If we shoot two divisions on different days, do we get two shots at the prize table based on finish in each division? Also, think Josh mentioned in one of his posts that the match fee for shooting a second division would be reduced (think it was $75 for the second entry).

All correct :)

You can shoot two divisions on two separate days. Just write us a note on the registration which one you want on which day.

And yes you are entered as basically two separate shooters so you will visit the prize table twice in accordance to your ranking. You will also be entered into the random drawing prize table twice.

And yes we are reducing the entry fee for the second class to $75 because we are only feeding you once, making you one t-shirt, and our insurance see's you as only one person :)

All correct :)

You can shoot two divisions on two separate days. Just write us a note on the registration which one you want on which day.

And yes you are entered as basically two separate shooters so you will visit the prize table twice in accordance to your ranking. You will also be entered into the random drawing prize table twice.

And yes we are reducing the entry fee for the second class to $75 because we are only feeding you once, making you one t-shirt, and our insurance see's you as only one person :)

Fantastic! Essentially shooting a major match twice in one weekend - you just can't beat that. I'll be signing up for this option and will bring you a check and match app on Sunday.

We will bring our apps on Sunday as well.

Since we can shoot two divisions now the wife wants me to set up a limited rifle for her...

Maurice, you gonna be shooting Heavy?

Yep and Tac too, if the wife lets me use her rifle. She thought about playing in Heavy as well but decided she could make my 223 into a limited gun so she will play in that and Tac.

This will be my FIRST major tac. match! I am trying to get a crew from Kansas to head down there! Right now there are 2 of us.

Two is a crew ... Road Trip!

Alamo, I just got the ship notice on my new rifle so I'm going to do this one, I'll have to borrow the wife's pistol since all mine have C-more's on them. I just got one question what kind of spotting scope do you use to see .223 hits at 500 yards I can't see'm at 100 with the regular spotting scopes! Need to do some practice before the match.

This will be my FIRST major tac. match! I am trying to get a crew from Kansas to head down there! Right now there are 2 of us.

Alamo, I just got the ship notice on my new rifle so I'm going to do this one, I'll have to borrow the wife's pistol since all mine have C-more's on them. I just got one question what kind of spotting scope do you use to see .223 hits at 500 yards I can't see'm at 100 with the regular spotting scopes! Need to do some practice before the match.

:goof: Spotting scope to see hits,,

Actually AR Targets,,, makes a sensor system that will register your hits and a light will go on the RO tgt control thing,,, and the RO will say hit!

Let me make sure I'm reading this correctly:

"Iron sights or 1 unmagnified optic allowed on rifle"

So does this mean that you can't run a dot ~and~ irons?

So if someone has fixed rifle sights, they cannot run a dot?

Let me make sure I'm reading this correctly:

"Iron sights or 1 unmagnified optic allowed on rifle"

So does this mean that you can't run a dot ~and~ irons?

So if someone has fixed rifle sights, they cannot run a dot?

It is meant to be read "iron sights and/or 1 unmagnified optic"

We are using modified IMGA as you know, and those rules only limit the number of optics one can have. There is no limit to BUIS or Iron sights...so the limit here is that an optic up to 1X fixed magnification may be used

Edited by GorillaTactical

Thats funny. :roflol: i did not know you could see hits at 50 yards. But for real, seeing a miss at 500 with a 4 power scope in the dirt with the tail that comes up in the wind is no big deal. And its normal to use a LaRue target at that distance , so at one second after the gun fires if you have a hit the target falls. That is IF Trying to glass a flash card at 500 is not so bad if the background is good. But Falling is better and the guys at AR 15 targets have a gizmoe that takes the disappointment factor out.

The Rifle work is all about positions, = practice shooting from different positions.

We will have some of the AR 15 targets at our next Alamo shoot on the 2nd Not the fancy Gizmo but nice targets

• 2 weeks later...