Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship 2011

Dan, I don't know anything more than you guys, YET! :)

Bryan,

I was referring to stage 8 as not being a place to take a cart, golf or otherwise :rolleyes:

Stage 8 was the Cave last year. This years description is the same as last year, so, I would guess it is the Cave again.

What about all of us bringing our Own Flashlight ? I did not get to shoot the Cave , but the Range Owner let us look in side. having my own Flash-light kept me/us from having so many bumps.

I wonder how many guys will bring their own ? :blink: Not much way to keep a stage light at the same battery power all day.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about all of us bringing our Own Flashlight ? I did not get to shoot the Cave , but the Range Owner let us look in side. having my own Flash-light kept me/us from having so many bumps.

I wonder how many guys will bring their own ? :blink: Not much way to keep a stage light at the same battery power all day.

Last year we had to use the stage ones, which wasnt really a problem... They had plenty of extra batteries for them. :)

Edited by gose

You'd have what, 8, clipped into your shotgun vest... :surprise:

I suggest we forgo flashlights and have the stage lit with strobes and a disco mirror ball...

Extra points awarded for those who shoot the stage wearing bell bottoms and platform boots...

Do the hussle... Doot...doot... Doot... Doot..doot.. Da da doot doot...

I suggest we forgo flashlights and have the stage lit with strobes and a disco mirror ball...

Extra points awarded for those who shoot the stage wearing bell bottoms and platform boots...

i would not be the least bit surprised to see a strobe light.........he has used them before.

Please tell me you did not post that for Larry Houck................ :roflol:

:roflol:

:devil:

I have a question about the handgun targets at this match.

If a guy is shooting Open Division how hampered would he be by shooting an iron sighted pistol? anything incredibly long distance, tiny in size, etc etc

I have a question about the handgun targets at this match.

If a guy is shooting Open Division how hampered would he be by shooting an iron sighted pistol? anything incredibly long distance, tiny in size, etc etc

You would be Insane not to shoot your open gun for the shots, But for the holster part , its a trade

plan on several good opportunities on handgun shots over 20 yards in the trees.

I miss my open gun soo much ...sniffle

exactly what i wanted to know....thanks

Do you miss the comp, the capacity, or the dot?

Could you be happy with say a Glock 34, 22rd mags, and a slide mounted dot?

Edited by smokshwn

While I had rather have my usual open gun, my take is yes to the Glock 34 you propose. Last year we had a 100 yard uphill shot on a piece of steel and any number of mini poppers set at 15 yards or better. For the cave stage your going to be able to just about contact shoot those. And this is not a match you generally have to get too worried about the holster. Last year my open holster broke and I ended up using a Maxpedition Dump bag for my holster and did not feel any disadvantage.

exactly what i wanted to know....thanks

Do you miss the comp, the capacity, or the dot?

I would. In fact I just built one like this for Iron Man and RM3G. I have 2 Open division legal 28 rounds mags you are free to use at Blue Ridge if you go this route.

OK, maybe stupid question. 20+ squads and 10 stages. How does that get scheduled?

The "+" are RO squads. So 20 squads, 10 stages...shoot one, off one, shoot one off one, etc.. For 3 gun, especially at these more sprawling matches where it takes a bit to get set up and drive to each stage, you would not want it any other way.

After some consideration and discussions with some of my staff, I am making a slight rule change for the BRM3G and wanted to let the competitors know. Hopefully, this change will not even come into play, but I believe it is a positive step.

PLEASE READ THIS RULE CHANGE REGARDING ABANDONING PISTOLS!!!!

The BRM3G requires external safeties (i.e. thumb safeties) to be engaged when abandoned on all pistols that are equipped with them. However, it is also recognized that a 1911 style pistol with a properly functioning grip safety has a working safety engaged when abandoned akin to a Glock, M&P, or similar pistol. Therefore:

1) External safeties are required to be engaged on all abandoned pistols;

2) If a 1911 style pistol is found abandoned with the external safety NOT engaged, the shooter will be assessed a procedural penalty and the pistol will be checked to determine if the grip safety is functional by the RO(s) on the stage after the pistol is unloaded and the range is clear downrange;

3) If the grip safety is not functional when checked by the RO, the shooter will receive a stage DQ. If the shooter wants to appeal whether or not the grip safety is functional, the pistol will be kept under the control of the ROs until the Range Master is summoned to recheck its functionality.

Have a safe trip to the match, and we'll see you in a couple of weeks,

Andy

Just want to make a quick clarification in regards to grounding a 1911/2011 style gun. You can still completely unload the gun (mag out, jack the round out of the chamber) right?

My first question is what must be the condition of the thumb safety be if you drop the mag and empty the chamber. On or off.

Second question, if you drop the hammer on a empty chamber you cant engage thumb safety. Is that a procedural? Stage DQ?

Thanks Andy.

Andy as a slight follow up to this what is the rule on the muzzle when the chamber is unloaded before you first charge it and enggage targets? For example you start with your shotgun loaded with the chamber empty. The shotgun is slung and in the process of running down range and using your pistol you break the 180 with the muzzle of your slung shotgun. What is the call?

You seemed to say that was OK in an earlier post but wanted to make sure.

Andy as a slight follow up to this what is the rule on the muzzle when the chamber is unloaded before you first charge it and enggage targets? For example you start with your shotgun loaded with the chamber empty. The shotgun is slung and in the process of running down range and using your pistol you break the 180 with the muzzle of your slung shotgun. What is the call?

You seemed to say that was OK in an earlier post but wanted to make sure.

Also address bringing the shotgun or rifle into play. Depending on how you have it slung and the method used to bring it up to your shoulder, the muzzle could definitely sweep well beyond the 180.

Thanks

:cheers:

3) If the grip safety is not functional when checked by the RO, the shooter will receive a stage DQ. If the shooter wants to appeal whether or not the grip safety is functional, the pistol will be kept under the control of the ROs until the Range Master is summoned to recheck its functionality.

Have a safe trip to the match, and we'll see you in a couple of weeks,

Andy

So abandoning a loaded 1911, without grip safety and off safe, seems to be a stage DQ. I assume this also means that abandoning any other pistol (without a grip safety) off safe is a stage DQ and not a match DQ?

What about long guns, will those also only incur a stage DQ if left off safe?