Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Supporting devices in 3Gun

Interesting results. I'll leave it for those who write rules for the various matches to contemplate if the "customer" vote should count, and what the poll actually means.

I'm going to shoot at least one match in Open this year to see for myself if a bi-pod is a help or a hindrance on an AR when on the clock.

• 4 weeks later...

Mono-podding on your mag should be legal for all divisions, in all matches.

I am unsure if vertical fore-grips should be regulated either. In a way I feel they are self-regulating already, you have one on the rifle, you are already penalizing yourself tongue.gif

I had an RO tell me that using 2 cinched mags as a mono pod moves you to open. Is that true?

It's true if you were shooting the Rocky Mountain match. I have not seen another match that has that rule.

Doug

I had an RO tell me that using 2 cinched mags as a mono pod moves you to open. Is that true?

It's true if you were shooting the Rocky Mountain match. I have not seen another match that has that rule.

Doug

This was a local Texas match, but not a local rule. He was a very experienced 3-gun shooter/RO.

I want to know why the 'over 55' And who voted for that option.

Some of the Rio guys keep asking for "old fart" tees @ RM3G, basically start closer, so what the heck. No idea who voted for it though.

i am not from Rio. but if you ask Denise who started the 'Senior Citizen Shooting Boxes' request, you find it was me. all in fun. i use a scope nowadays because i can't see the doggone iron sights anymore, but i used to shoot heavy metal iron sights. i do not think we should allow bipods in anything but open class.

:cheers:

Edited by 1chota

i am not from Rio. but if you ask Denise who started the 'Senior Citizen Shooting Boxes' request, you find it was me. all in fun. i use a scope nowadays because i can't see the doggone iron sights anymore, but i used to shoot heavy metal iron sights. i do not think we should allow bipods in anything but open class.

I know, but some of the Rio guys thought it was a good idea. I do think it would be fun. I registered as "Sub Senior" for my special category this year, the same, all in fun. :)

K9s. See you learn something new every day. I didn't know you could do that. I wouldn't think you could get them to stand still enough to shoot off them, let alone not run away after the first round went off. :huh: