Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommend me some practice drills

d_striker

I have 4 target stands and four 8" round polymer targets. I don't get to practice often but when I do it consists of Bill Drills, El Presidente, the BE transition drill, shooting while moving, and drawing.

What are some other practice drills that I can do with what I have?

Here you go guys.... http://www.benstoeger.com/

Ben put together a good list of drills (including the Bill drill) and a dry fire training program. Just click on the link and check them out in the left column.

Also, Steve Anderson's book (available in Brian's store) "Refinement and Repetition" is excellent.

dsmw5142, Thank you so much for your reply! Far more than I hoped!! Happy Holidays to you! Kent

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I break them up into 3 types of drills, Accuracy, speed and transition.

Accuracy= 1 target at 20yds shoot as slow as it takes to get your most accurate hits

speed= same target or no target shot as smokin fast as you can pull the trigger (in a safe direction), watch and be aware of exactly what your front sight looks like when doing this.

Transition= almost any multiple taget drill you can think of. The fun part here is coming up with your own, but there are many available others have thought of.

• 3 weeks later...

IMO: Bill and El Presidente drills are nice measurements but next to worthless as training drills. 1. Is your accurcay excellent? If not, you need to work on it. 2. Can you call your shot? 3. BE's transition drill is excellent --use the search function. The difference between M and GM is shooting on the move. Unless you are breaking into the M/GM ranks this type of drill should be your lowest priority.

Finally, and most importantly, Go to Amazon or Mike Seeklander's website and look at his new book. This is probably the most comprehensive guide published to date. It will allow you to assess where you are and help you get to where you want to be. Mike's approach is very methodical.

IMO: Bill and El Presidente drills are nice measurements but next to worthless as training drills. 1. Is your accurcay excellent? If not, you need to work on it. 2. Can you call your shot? 3. BE's transition drill is excellent --use the search function. The difference between M and GM is shooting on the move. Unless you are breaking into the M/GM ranks this type of drill should be your lowest priority.

Finally, and most importantly, Go to Amazon or Mike Seeklander's website and look at his new book. This is probably the most comprehensive guide published to date. It will allow you to assess where you are and help you get to where you want to be. Mike's approach is very methodical.

My accuracy isn't the best. My shot calling is marginal but not horrible. Thanks for the advice.