.9mm Major

Rolex

Any one ever try the Wolf SR-.223 primers

for a .9mm major load? Just got 1k for $10.00

I hope that does not prove to me why the low

cost!

I use at this time True Blue 7.8gr and WSR

out of my open gun. Any one! :blush:

I've been using wolf SR all season (in my 38SC), close to 10k rounds. Every one went bang. They are harder to seat, but just need a little extra love to get them in there.

I'll continue to use them without hesitation.

I used those primers for my 9mm Autocomp loads for my open gun. I chrono'd them against my normal loads using CCI SR's and there was no real difference.

Neal in AZ

Neal. Thanks this is the type of info I am looking for.

I will load some up and check what he crono. Says!

Great luck with wolf primers both small pistol and sr-223. I had previously used WSR and noticed no difference in chrono on my rifle loads. Of course testing your 9major loads would be in order, but I don't see any reason there should be a major difference.

While I have not used them, the Wolf SR primer and the Wolf .223 primer are two different animals. The .223 primer is designed to be used in the AR platform. The reason is the "floating" for lack of a better term, firing pin. With softer primers when you close the bolt on an AR to load a round the firing pin can dimple the primer. While I have heard of slam fires, I have not experienced one, but have seen the dimpled primers. The .223 primer has a harder cup/less sensitive to prevent the occurrence of a slam fire. CCI also makes a .223/AR small rifle primer. The following was copied from the CCI website:

CCI® No. 34 and No. 41 MILITARY RIFLE PRIMERS

Military-style semi-auto rifles seldom have firing pin retraction springs. If care is not used in assembling ammunition, a “slam-fire” can occur before the bolt locks. The military arsenals accomplish this using different techniques and components—including different primer sensitivity specifications—from their commercial counterparts. CCI makes rifle primers for commercial sale that matches military sensitivity specs that reduce the chance of a slam-fire when other factors go out of control*.