Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broke the damn lever on my LNL!

This press has been great. Minor little things here and there but I've reloaded 10s of thousands of 9, 40, 45 and 38s thru this baby... and then tonight... snap! The handle actually broke! Right at the bottom near the threads just above the lock nut. Of all things. I'm sure Hornady will replace it but now production is at a complete stop! :(

Did it break because you're strong or because you're fat? :roflol:

Hmmm... let me give that some thought. Yeah- I'm strong. :rolleyes:

Oh- Hornady is sending a new one... the guy said no one has ever done that before. I feel proud in a silly way....

Edited by lugnut

2 words:

tumbling_media

i got an LNL and having nice polished cases going through your dies goes WAAAY smoother even when your using a U-die or something of that sort.

use that red TufNut stuff

Edited by Field

I was reloading 38sp that were well cleaned... however I wasn't using case lube as I usually do. The press was reasonable smooth.

I just rec'd the shipping notice, the warrantee replacement is on its way! Hornady has always done right by me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh- Hornady is sending a new one... the guy said no one has ever done that before. I feel proud in a silly way....

Well, he'd be lying on that one. I snapped mine in the same place after 50K or so.

Im curious as to why your using case Lube???? If your using a Tungsten Carbide or Hornady's Tungsten Nitride sizer you dont need lube. Only need it on a standard polished steel die. If your loading bulk quantities, and using a T.C. or T.N. sizer, case lube is an un-neccesary step and is a messy slow down.

Im curious as to why your using case Lube???? If your using a Tungsten Carbide or Hornady's Tungsten Nitride sizer you dont need lube. Only need it on a standard polished steel die. If your loading bulk quantities, and using a T.C. or T.N. sizer, case lube is an un-neccesary step and is a messy slow down.

Don't knock it till you've tried it. Especially with 9mm.... closedeyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

+1 on case lube with carbide dies, it just works so much better, and Cocobolo, about your comment about Hornady "always" being good about sending parts, that hasn't allways been the case. It took them years to catch up to Dillon, and their customer service department is the very reason I bought a Dillon and boxed up my Hornady. Best thing I ever did!

Well, he'd be lying on that one. I snapped mine in the same place after 50K or so.

Definatly lying on that one, my dad's broke at around 40k. But Hornady replaced it quickly.