Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame

Hey QuicksDraw!

No! No! No! You all can't suck me into any hate rants today!

Yes, getting older sucks (it really sucks if you lived much of your youth as if you were indestructable. The damage accumulated back when you healed easily and quickly takes a real toll. I'll match scars with anyone.). Yes, living with pain/old injury/illness really sucks. It especially sucks when you are working so d*mn hard and so d*mn long that you don't have time to go to the range (especially when it's only 10 minutes from work or home). H*ll the whole d*mn world sucks and face it foks, it ain't gettin' any better.

But I'm not going to whine! I'm not going to complain! Sure, a little Friday Flame War might be cathartic. OTOH you might just suck it up and decide to go on anyway. I COULD complain about working over twice my normal workload (but I won't). I COULD complain about my deadlines being moved up three weeks in addition to the increase in my workload (but I won't).

The world ain't going to change a whole lot to suit your needs and wishes. All you can ever do is change your reaction to it. Guess what folks...Unless you are willing to change the way you think "YOU WILL NEVER BE HAPPIER THAN YOU ARE RIGHT NOW!"

Cheers,

p.s. Wakal, have you tried glucosamine? I don't generally recommend homeopathic cures, but this one has a really solid record for cartilage related joint pain. Works for me.

I far prefer to think I CAN, indeed, change/cause my little world to suit myself (and have, in fact, done so MANY times--and still am), and refuse to just be someone else's effect. That's why I'm not working for some of the type of jerks I used to, not groveling before any of the conventions that were formerly believed to be valid, and not succumbing to ANY belief that tries to convince me I have no say in the direction my life takes. If I didn't have arthritis I'd be invincible. Seriously.

Don't cheat yourself. Don't ever, ever convince yourself you have no control over your life. You have EVERY control over it. It's all about conscious decisions, that's all. Life is interesting. Difficult and challenging, yes, but interesting.

B)

Ok

you know it was going really well this week . . . untill

a retired cop walked into the range to qualify for his guard & gun card and handed me a berreta 92 to clean , cop issue locked and loaded and stored in a holster for 9+ years unused, and it looked like he stored it under his car.

he started to get agitated after 15 minuets and his gun wasn't done yet

it tookover 1 hour to clean out all of the crud and just get the trigger to work again

and he was grumpy when I told him the mag spring was shot and his gun still would not function

Boy you just can't please some people.

I went to the bank today. Robbing banks is quite the sport in Spookaloo. Therefore, the bank now has a guard - an old, dumpy man. A nice man. He opened the door for me. The guard is totally unarmed sans the cell phone in his pocket. So what we have here is a glorified bellhop with a phony tin badge.

What possible purpose can this serve?

==============================================

I hate young profs with have to prove they know more than you do. No shit he knows more than I do. If that wasn't the case, I wouldn't be shelling out 20K a year to subsidize his ass. I don't mind working, but treat me like the customer I am. I deserve that much.

We now have 'security' folks at our local bank branch... trained ostensibly as "observers." Naturally, they're unarmed. Had a long chat with one a week ago (we have a lounge area with TV, snacks, coffee, overstuffed chairs--it's actually kinda nice) and we discussed guns and such. From what I "observed" in HIM, he knew little about them, probably didn't own one, maybe never used one. I'd frankly prefer that the 'observers' be armed, for pete's sake. What good are they if they AREN'T...? :angry:

..."and just a little every other day for Sig Lady."
Er, uh, just a little of what, exactly, every other day...?? :blink::wub::P

THAT was going to be MY question too, SigLady!!!!!!

If the answer is forthcoming................ I will volunteer!!!!!!!! :P:P:P

(as if I need to sign this one!!),

Jeffro

I was considering posting a message about how my shoulder hurts and how it bothered me on Tuesday when BigDave was kicking my butt doing weak hand only head shots at 15 yards.

But today I had a bright idea during an IDPA match for a stage that was shot weak hand only. Instead of putting my weak side forward like everyone else does, I kept more squared to the target, with my strong side even slightly forward. That allowed me to hold the gun in a position relative to my shoulder that caused a lot less pain and was a lot steadier. It worked nicely!

So I cheated myself out of a good hate rant. ;)