Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame

Hey QuicksDraw!

I hate the cold weather on the east coast. I have to sight in my guns in 30 degree weather before SMM3g, NO FUN.

I hate bilateral small painful axanal neuropathy which makes my friggin legs feel like they are getting electric shock tratments all the time unless I take...

Nuerontin (which I hate), a medicine which 800mg will put ANYONE to sleep. Of course they have me on 2400mg in order to control (not defeat) my pain. So I take...

Provigal (which I hate), to keep me awake . So while the Nuerontin and Provigil fight it out I throw up, my vision gets blurry, I need to take naps, and of course my shooting suffers. It's a miracle I can shoot at all. :angry:

I'm sure I'm not the only shooter to suffer from acute chronic pain of some sort. So fess up out there so I don't feel like the only pain wuss crybaby nap taking shooter.

OK,

I'm normally not in this area of the forum and even then, I don't post here, but I'll make an exception today.

I'll chip in.... three years ago I suffered a hernia.

Been home a few months recovering.

I have not been in surgery for this, so healing is slow.

Pain is mostly gone since then although I cannot do as much as I used too.

But everyday, 24h a day, there is this little pain nagging me, tiring me, it's always there. I used to be quite a sportsman, but that's all gone. Also I'm worn out every night as I get in bed, just from this nagging pain. You don't tell people about this because most people cannot imagine what it is to have pain 24/7, and it's not interesting conversation stuff.

Lately the pain is getting worse again :angry: , I must have done something wrong (lifting, bending, whatever).

OK, I feel better now, maybe this "What I hate forum" isn't so bad after all :)

"...Also I'm worn out every night as I get in bed, just from this nagging pain. You don't tell people about this because most people cannot imagine what it is to have pain 24/7, ..."
Don't ever, ever feel all alone. We've threaded and topic'd ourselves silly here with discussions of various ailments and pain...... Pain interferes with EVERYTHING. People wonder why I'M so "tired" a lot of the time. Pain, baby. Plain and simple. (Arthritis and related bony stuff). Once or twice a year I'll actually have a pain-free day and it's as though someone shot me with Magical Energy Serum or something. God, whatta difference. Then the pain returns. And my tolerance mechanism goes back on overload, only to be depleted like clockwork by mid-afternoon. Then my fellow shooters wonder why evening shooting league sessions are a drag for me most of the time. Cripes, after 5pm I'm worn to shreds just from the pain alone! :wacko::angry:
"I'm sure I'm not the only shooter to suffer from acute chronic pain of some sort. So fess up out there so I don't feel like the only pain wuss crybaby nap taking shooter."
No, you're not alone. None of you. And in my wussiness, sometimes, I try and realize that some people are worse off than me. :unsure:

Just try and take care of yourselves.

Vixzen

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but what are you going to do when you get old?

As one who has been in relatively good health all my life, it is with some trepidation that I now wake up each morning and wonder what is hurting today. will it be my shoulder, knees, hands, neck, back, all are culprits in the pain game which rotates around my body now that I have passed the double nickel mark age wise. Yeah, it is going to be tough on you when you get old, if you are hurting now...

Get some Aleve going and try to muddle thru, it is all you can do...

I have stenosis (sp?) in several vertebra in my back. Essentially, it makes my back hurt and my legs tingle and numb. If I lift weights, however, I feel 100%.

I’m sure this type of exercise is not a panacea for all ills, but I would recommend it to everyone. Give it a try for 3 months and see what happens.

In a strange way, the stenosis is a good thing because it makes me go to the gym.

I hate that I have been practicing more in the past 4 or 5 weeks than I ever have, and my shooting seems to be getting worse, rather than better.

I hate that I am stuck at work, which I HATE more than anything I can think of in the world, maybe even the Dentist, while my friends are down at the Fl Open. :angry:

I hate that the lady who was going to buy my house, and signed a purchase agreement, backed out. It now looks like the building of my "pretty close to dream house" is up in smoke. It's looking like I'll have to back out on my builder.

I feel like such a schmuck having to back out. At least the basement wasn't dug yet.

Ray C.

I usually don't post here because every time I have a small problem or pain, I see someone on here who is much worse off than me. But now I have a post that maybe should be in what I like. :D I have had pain in my right foot for years. I can only wear certain types of shoe without pain. Well, 2 weeks ago I had surgery and I think my pain will be gone. Everything is healing up quite well. I will be back in a real shoe in a couple of weeks. Then Celebrex will take care of the pain in the rest of my joints. :D

Bill Nesbitt

I hate that the Air Farce went back to the 1.5 mile run to "test" fitness instead of something reasonably related to actual Air Farce work (something like "get a paper cut yet still type 75 wpm", maybe). I hate it that the authritis that was bothering me ten years ago when I was running all the time...that mysteriously went away when I stopped running...is back now that I'm running three miles a day, three days a week.

I really REALLY hate it that the Air Farce medical system decided that the way to solve the problem of my knees hurting so bad all the time that I couldn't sleep was to...wait for it...perscribe me Vicodin. With 11 frikin' refills. Vicoden. A drug with its own web site and support group. Go me.

Now my knees still hurt but I don't care as much :blink:

Alex

As the risk of getting kicked out of the Hate Forum...hmmm...I'll have to phrase this correctly...ahem...I hate it that I didn't get LASIK a long time ago. Had it done Wednesday, scored 20/15 in both eyes the next morning...from 20/600 (or slightly worse)...

A

I hate Vicodin. (Think uncontrollable projectile vomiting like The Exorcist.) That was 20 years ago when I had my wisdom teeth removed. I never took the second pill and just dealt with the pain. I've had a few doctors try to prescribe it since then; no thanks.

I hate guns. I hate motorcycles. When I'm independently wealthy I will have my own gunsmith and my own mechanic.

Wakal--

You may not have "arthritis." You may be suffering from simple joint battering. Stop jogging. Just briskly walk the three miles or so. The overall cardio-vascular and muscular results may be the same--without the joint injury.

Massive cartilige degeneration. Ouch. Hate it. Also have it to a lesser extent in both hands and both shoulders.

I don't have a choice (as far as running goes). I HAVE to run a timed 1.5 mile course in 12:30 or under. I can run a 11 minute 1.5 mile if I can hold off limping...a nice long stride equals fast. A short stride to avoid the harder impact equals slow.

I hate it that the Air Farce would rather medicate me and have me run, than not medicate me and let me test in some other way (the regulations allow a "bike" test and a "walk" test, but use of those tests are officially discuraged).

Alex