Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does your postman hate you

jid2

post-22114-048658000 1288062946_thumb.jp

He might now that I don't share!!

Sherry

PS Mail Man Chuck hasn't yet realized it's "Miss" Williams :rolleyes:

That's just awesome. My mailman has always been good about leaving it on the my stoop. No complaints here.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Okay, here is my latest USPS/Montana Gold story. (happened today)

Late last week MG shipped me 3 cases of bullets, as usual insured USPS flat rate boxes. I have been following the tracking online so I knew that they would be delivered to my house today and made sure I was home to meet the mail carrier. At about 1 pm I see the mail truck pull up so I head outside to meet the carrier and said hi, I'm expecting a few packages today. At this point he says yes but they were too heavy, so I say it's okay I am here to help you with them. He reaches into a pile of papers and hands me the pink slip which reads "Sorry we missed you...." :surprise: So I look him square in the face and I say but you haven't missed me I am standing right here! :blink: He then offered to deliver them for me tomorrow if I singed the paper and gave it back to him.

Long story short I took the paper and drove to the post office to pick up my bullets, when I got there the response was "oh I didnt expect to see anyone about these until tomorrow because we sent out the notice today" ummm why did you send a notice and not my packages?? :angry:

Edited by PeterMor

• 2 weeks later...

If you have any problems, just call their supervisor.

Yeah... good luck with that call! Good luck finding the office's number!

They used to be published... but no longer. Now all you can get is one central number for the whole USPS.

I had them do the notice on me once, I spent an hour on the phone, going down the chain, and the package finally got delivered... no problems since then. But getting through their phone system was like pulling elephant's teeth. I am pretty sure this is intentional, as well as cost-saving... although when I go to the local office, I always see that supervisor guy idly walking around... well protected from irate phone calls.

I get mine delivered to my office, and at this point the carrier is strong young guy - so no issues at this time! :)

I have to pick my bullets up at the post office, my carrier will not deliver them. I don't blame her one bit, that's a lot of wieght in a small package. I actually get excited when I look in the mail and there is a "will not deliver, too heavy" note. It allways means bullets. :cheers: When I used to use MG, I had them shipped to work and my UPS guy Bob, would bring them right to my truck!! Bob's a great guy! :cheers:

I think my new postperson just hates me, not withstanding any lead deliveries. I had a network adapter shipped to me, the status on the USPS site said "delivered". Never was. I called the office, they confirmed "new carrier started that day, ask her.". So I see her on Saturday and ask about my package. No eye contact, just "call the office". So I say "I did call them, they told me to ask you". Silence, not any suggestions or anything. Great- shipper did not use insurance, their bad, I filed a claim with Amazon and they paid. Now when I buy I specify "do not send USPS, can't trust them anymore".

• 1 month later...

Ordered 3k .38 Missouri cast bullets and 500 of the same in .45-70, postwoman shoved them all in the mailbox! (Our mailbox is substantially larger than a regular mailbox and it is mounted sideways on the post with 2x4's and secured to the ground with concrete)

Guess she was trying to be a smart@ss and trying to break the mailbox off the post, not complaining but it must have been hell to pick them up and put them in the mailbox from a car. In the past I received a note that I had packages to pickup at the post office when my order of 12k precision bullets came in. UPS on the other hand usually climbs over a 5' fence to deliver packages to the door when nobody is home, Fed-Ex is hit or miss as sometimes they just pull up and honk, drop off a note and bail right when I open the door...