Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The tiny 1911

twodownzero

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on your EMP, sweet little pistol. My wife had the 9mm and it ran fine for about 200 rounds then started having light primer strikes. Sent it back to Springfield and they turned it around pronto.

Seemed to run fine for a while and then more issues. Whenever I shot the gun it would run fine but in her hands we would get the occasional stovepipe or light strike. We think that limp wristing may have been the issue but she has a pretty good grip and shoots thumbs forward. She ended up selling it for what she paid and fully divulged as to why. She now carries a Dan Wesson CBOB in 45ACP and it runs awesome for her. Total round count this year has exceeded 1200 using Tripp mags and has not had a single hiccup. 45ACP is a little stout for her but she loves it and refuses to discuss the alloy framed 4.25" gun in 9mm that I have my eye on. B)

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Wilson Combat CQB compact, and I will never buy another sub 5 inch 1911. Mine has sentimental value which is what has kept it from being traded. That being said, I also have an STI 4.15 inch Tactical in 9mm which is one of the best purchases I have ever made. But it's a 9mm

Edited by cr420

I've owned 3 different compact 1911's, all in .45 ACP, and I had pretty much the same problem with all of them. They shoot fine and carry great, but it takes a lot of spring changes to keep them running.

Here is a picture of my Fantom Omen in 40SW by Fred Craig and a regular size Fantom in 45acp. The picture below it is a regular govt size 1911 compared to the Fantom Omen. The compact 1911's are built on Caspian double stack frames and slides. the 45acp holds 8 rounds and the 40sw 9 rounds.

IMG_1627-6.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg