Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sellers remorse?

Im a rank novice compared to almost everybody here. But I'm going to pipe in anyway.

I just finished my first caliber conversion on my 650. I've done it before on my friend's 550.

Generally speaking changing out the primer from large to small is a real pain in the butt. Everything else is quick and easy.

So I've been thinking that the ideal setup might be to have 2 - 650s. One set up for large primers and the other set up for small. Not cheap, I know.

But with those two, you can convert to just about anything is less than 10 minutes and you can really fly once you are set up.

Don

If your budget allows it, that is an awesome setup.

be

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I regretted selling my Lee Classic Turret. It was cheap to do caliber conversions on and it worked great. I wish I had just kept it and got the 650/casefeeder for 9mm. I would get the 650 for the caliber you want, keep the 550 for at least a year. You will get the urge to sell it but once that passes I bet you will be glad you kept it.

lol you regretted selling a 80 dollar piece of equipment? my redding dies cost almost double that!

but to the op i would keep my 550 and keep the 650 also plus its always a hand me down or what not

Edited by Bello

Look at it like this. If you sell it will most likley be to someone who s getting started and cant get a new one. you know not enough money. like me just got my 1 st press. yep used! then you can take pride in knowing your helping some one get in the game.

Keep it. My first press was a 550.

Traded it for a 650.

Then got a 550 on trade...then sold the 550 when I got a 1050.

Really wanted a 550 again so I purchased a used one when the right deal comes along.

Now I have the trifecta...1050, 650 & 550. The 550 will be the last to go!

I like how Hamm thinks. If your budget allows you to keep it then do so. The 550 is the perfect machine to take to a buddies house, set up, and let them use it for exactly 1 month. I establish the 1 month caveat in advance with the promise they buy from BE after that month. Unfortunately my religion (Baptist Dillon) won't ever allow me to sell a blue machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Im a rank novice compared to almost everybody here. But I'm going to pipe in anyway.

I just finished my first caliber conversion on my 650. I've done it before on my friend's 550.

Generally speaking changing out the primer from large to small is a real pain in the butt. Everything else is quick and easy.

So I've been thinking that the ideal setup might be to have 2 - 650s. One set up for large primers and the other set up for small. Not cheap, I know.

But with those two, you can convert to just about anything is less than 10 minutes and you can really fly once you are set up.

Don

that is exactly what i did! and i will use my 550 for my father in laws rifle! shit next year im aching for a sl900 shotshell reloader

• 3 weeks later...

The 550 will hole it's value better then cash in the bank.I just bought my 3rd 1050 and keep each one caliber specific.I am still trying to learn how my 550 runs...

why? its like driving a ferrari then going to a chevy from a 1050 to a 550

My reasoning for keep a SDB handy as a low volume caliber change with my 650 rather than a 550 is they are both auto indexing. At least I don't have to run the risk of switching back and forth and forgetting to index the plate.

Edited by rodell