Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Are You Doing in Preparation for the SMM3G?

bthp

For pistol have been shooting every match I can get to, and working out on the plate rack. ( see plate rack times thread )

Shotgun, loading, loading, loading and once in a while unloading. Slugs

Rifle, hoser stages and have 5 steel top half targets from 175yrds. too 320 yrds. that I see how fast I can hit twice from prone, barricade, over barrel etc. Up close 1/2 targets and obscured targets. Shooting on the move.

What am I doing? Not a damn thing. Which means I am plannig on getting my little behiney kicked. It's hard for me to find time.

Pistol - [Cocky Mode On] Always ready! ;) LOL [Cocky Mode Off]

[Humble Mode ON and Locked]

I've never been to a three gun match.

Shotgun - Brand new gun I have YET to shoot. Don't worry I will not show up without it having been fired. Never seen the top guns reload shotgun. I'm going off of what I've read on this board. (God save us all)

Rifle - Also brand new, the rifle is sighted in for light bullets. After reading the posts I have to sight it in for heavy.

I am prepared to have tons of fun!

I better start drinking more too!

I'd focus on:

1) loading the shotgun, whatever method you choose.

2) shooting the rifle prone and off rests to about 300 yards.

3) Hosing with the pistol

4) Hosing with the rifle

5) switching between all three guns

6) getting a good slug zero

Pistol:

- Shoot fast and accurate

Shotgun:

- Load

- Load

- Load

- Slug zero

Rifle:

- Get the round out that's stuck in my chamber <_<

- Finish load development

- Get zero'ed at 200 (again)

- Take notes on point of impact

- Practice hoser stages

- Get "comfy" (as much as you can get anyways) shooting at 300.

Rich

I am preparing to ask for a refund and bail on the match. I still haven't reserved a room.

I was trying to load rifle ammo, but I've stuck three cases in two dies and broken a press trying to unstick one.

I've got a bunch of Q3131 and Q3131A factory 55gr but I don't trust it beyond 100 yards.

I was going to zero my upper with its new JP comp but it came back as a single-shot, probably a broken gas tube.

One of these days I'll have to practice loading my shotgun. But since I can't afford to shoot it much, I'll just be doing load 6, shoot 1, load 3, shoot 1, load 3, etc.

I've worked much on the pistol, changing to a regular guide rod with a 9# spring and a buffer. I came up with a 155 grain load but I keep bumping it up for a more aggressive feel. Any more and I'll hit Major power factor. I've borrowed a holster; I don't like it, but it will hold the gun.

I just got a letter from the match administration saying they had three dozen on the waiting list and they would give refunds (I assume full) to anybody who wanted to drop out.

Somebody just convince me I'll win a prize that will pay for a room and/or gas.

Well, as long as they have cook-ays and coff-ay available, I'll be OK.

What I really want is for He-Man to have an 8 round rifle limit so I can bring my Garand, my Witness, and my 1100 and join kellyn and TGO in that division. BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM Pliinng!

Underemployed? I wish.

But I can't go Pliinnng! without BOOM BOOM.

QuicksDraw, are you crazy? Tactical Irons is wiiiide open with the 800# gorilla rifleman kellyn trying to be a He Man.

I'm not going to win anything without practicing loading my shotgun and shooting my rifle.

I don't know what division the 1000 lb gorilla -Bennie Cooley- will be in. Or where 80 lb Chimp Kurt Miller will be. :lol:

BOOM BOOM without marriage is legal now in Arizona. We recently did away with our Georgia-esque consensual sex laws. And after I got married.

I suppose we could have pre-1950 He-man class with Enfields, 03A3s, and M1 garands.

someone mentioned #4 buck, for erik. it reminded me of a question i have about smm3g. i was told by a big 3gun competitor here in south texas, who will remain nameless, (hint:big) that they have used #4 buck at this match in the past, my understanding was that #4 birdshot was as big as it gets. also somebody mentioned erik was gonna step in dog doodoo, if so try to avoid the large piles left by the big brown dog. (rhodesian ridgeback) p.s. kurt it will be good to finally get to shoot with you again. trapr

I am not getting to go this year but if all anyone is doing is drinking and not practicing before the match , I guess I am good to go. And if winning is based on that I would probably destroy all competition!

..........another double please! :wacko:

The 80 pound Chimp ( chump?) is signed up for tacticle IRON. I finaly got an extended front sight for the AR and I can now SEE it. Those of you who remember when I shot my M1A, can now worry about me with a mouse gun! If only they had made a .223 caliber M1A (not the mini one) all these many years :D Traper, it will be great to see you again...see that drinking practice is going to pay off!!! KURTM