Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

grease vs oil

lrf

Yes to both. Your last area is the barrel "hood," and a good lube is vital there.

I knew that, just checking to see if you did...

I guess I need to buy some. I'll oil the gun with the SLiP2000 ELW that came with one of the guns I bought, then hit the slide, the bushing and THE HOOD, with some (after I call and order it tomorrow).

Thanks,

Gene

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Militec-1

It is a fantastic oil! They fully support our troops!

Check them out:

http://militec1.com/

where were they when i was there? i had a friend mailing me brake parts cleaner, hoppes, G96 and clp, a steady supply of it since mail took up to a month to get to me. there was no cleaner to be found so Marines adapt and overcome, and to say the least get creative with cleaning.

enough of my hijack-

anyone use slide-glide on semi-auto rifles like the AR/M16?

anyone use slide-glide on semi-auto rifles like the AR/M16?

Not me, but have to throw in that it sounds like rather than a single multi use grease, like TW25B (which is used on the AR/M16), you could or should really be able to "fine tune" your weapon with the different weights of the Slide Glide. I am also now curious if a heavy grease might not be a bit harder on a piston rifle than a gas or recoil operated rifle.

I do know I have a tub of each (lite, standard and heavy) on the way to try.

WG

Edited by Wild Gene

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I inherited a bottle of rem oil from my dad as a kid, but when I was trying to get my brand new TS to run right I tried Slide Guide (the factory buffer turned out to be the problem) and fell in love with the was it make my gun feel; I'm now an SG guy for life!

• 2 weeks later...