Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli m2 question

modenar1

Im looking into getting a Benelli M2 21" barrel. I will be using a modified flush choke. My question is. Is there a magazine extension that will be flush with the barrel. I dont like the look of a barrel or magazine extension past the other. I want the flush look.

All your feedback would be appreciated. Pictures will be greatly appreciated.

Im looking into getting a Benelli M2 21" barrel. I will be using a modified flush choke. My question is. Is there a magazine extension that will be flush with the barrel. I dont like the look of a barrel or magazine extension past the other. I want the flush look.

All your feedback would be appreciated. Pictures will be greatly appreciated.

The Nordic +5 gets to the end of the barrel, but I cant say it is dead nuts even for length.

The thread linked below has a photo of a 21 inch Benelli barrel with a Briley extended choke and a Nordic extension tube (plus a 1 1/2 inch long Nordic magazine cap) that is flush with the end of the barrel. Since you are using a flush choke the Nordic 3/4 inch long magazine cap might be what you are looking for.

See link

Phil G

Edited by Phil G

thanks for the replies. I know looks dont count, but i figure if im going to setup my only shotgun for competition and im getting ready to spend around $1500, why not get it setup the way i like.

That benelli in the link, looked exactly on how i would like to set mine up.

You can do it-it's expensive. I had an M2 this summer than was dead even at 22" with a 8+1 DMW tube. But it was a 24" barrel I sent to Briley to cut. It wasn't as balanced as my M1Super 90 that is really dead on. post-14685-064547000 1285965715_thumb.jpI think this is a TacStar or PMT tube on a 21" barrel. But as Jamie said, it's possible to shoot good, even if your shotgun looks like a birth control device.

Benny, as Billy Crystal used to say on the Ricardo Montalban show on SNL-"It's better to look good thatn to feel good!". What a liar-must be related to Ty Gentry.biggrin.gif See you guys soon, I hope. 3wks out on new hip-doing good, soon I'll be able to run as fast as a 2 year old.

let me expand on my reply

I have two tubes for my Binelli M2

one is an 8 round tube and one is a 9 round tube.

the 9 rounder does stick out past the end of the barrel and choke about an inch and a half. this is used at matches when you can start with "8 and 1" and is is not prohibited to "Top off up to 9 and 1" after the buzzer

the 8 rounder is flush with the end of the barrel, and is used for those matches where having just the capablity to put 9 rounds in the tube moves you to open,

"but why not just use a plug?"

"why not have a spare?"

if your looking help with cappacity, try the new Nordic follower as well, it helps. (as opposed to big chunky bits of red and green plastic)

other than that it's just looks . . . and the cool factor.

(and those do add up after all)

and for shooting straighter, It's more to where you clamp the tube and barrel than the length or make of the mag tube.

just my opinion.

Another reason to go extended beyond the muzzle....

It makes for a good “stand-off”

Considering some of wreckless abandonment maneuvers and "prop abuse" while negotiating a stage,I would

rather have my mag tube extension get smacked around than the somewhat vulnerable choke tube area.

Leave the "looks" for the new guys.

Patrick

Another reason to go extended beyond the muzzle....

It makes for a good “stand-off”

Considering some of wreckless abandonment maneuvers and "prop abuse" while negotiating a stage,I would

rather have my mag tube extension get smacked around than the somewhat vulnerable choke tube area.

Leave the "looks" for the new guys.

Patrick

I agree with the tube exension protection progam and subscribed..:)

Alan

Edited by Alanlib