Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Ohio Section Championship

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris,

Do you count Mike Dame as a shooter from Michigan or does Ontario, Canada not count?????

Just asking..........you know those shooters from Area 9. This is now an International event.

See ya next month...............Roy

Sorry Roy, I'm still busy typing in Mikes Zip Code .......N8RBL12Y-54 MTV22TRL. :surprise:

:roflol:

Personally I think 5 per is to much. You would have to have 15 in a class just to get a 3rd place. Plaques are cheap spread the love :cheers:

Hey, don't shoot the messenger.

But IMO if plaques are so cheap, you can go to the trophy store yourself and get one made to say whatever you like. :ph34r:

Me .... ? I wanna earn mine the same way Charlie Sheen does! BY WINNING! :roflol:

Personally I think 5 per is to much. You would have to have 15 in a class just to get a 3rd place. Plaques are cheap spread the love :cheers:

Hey, don't shoot the messenger.

But IMO if plaques are so cheap, you can go to the trophy store yourself and get one made to say whatever you like. :ph34r:

Me .... ? I wanna earn mine the same way Charlie Sheen does! BY WINNING! :roflol:

Exactly my point! Why would I go get one myself when I can win one because they are CHEAP!

Chris,

Do you count Mike Dame as a shooter from Michigan or does Ontario, Canada not count?????

Just asking..........you know those shooters from Area 9. This is now an International event.

See ya next month...............Roy

Sorry Roy, I'm still busy typing in Mikes Zip Code .......N8RBL12Y-54 MTV22TRL. :surprise:

:roflol:

Hahahahahahahaha, that is funny.

Exactly my point! Why would I go get one myself when I can win one because they are CHEAP!

Maybe I worded that incorrectly ...... if we gave a plaque to every other shooter who showed up, what's the point of that? Even with a 3:1 ratio it still only means you beat 2 other shooters in your class to get that plaque.

The 5:1 ratio is tough, but it's currently the official USPSA recommended policy in Appendix A2 of the rule book for Level I and Level II matches, and it shows you've truly proven yourself amongst your peers.

3:1 or 5:1 you still won your class, you still beat others in your class. Your not giving a plaque to every other shooter that shows up, your only giving out 3 plaques, 1st-3rd. You have to have 9 for 3rd with 3:1 but with 5:1 you have to have 15 just to get a 3rd place plaque. You guys can do what you like but not everybody plays for HOA just remember that.

I know what you're saying Corey, but again I don't call the shots on that. I'm just stats and registration.

I can talk to the MD and see what his opinion is on this subject. Dan is relatively new to running major matches, so I think he's doing his best to not make any "mistakes", and therefore he's trying to alot of things "by the book". But as you can see in appendix A2 the 5:1 ratio is simply a recommendation from USPSA.

3:1 or 5:1 you still won your class, you still beat others in your class. Your not giving a plaque to every other shooter that shows up, your only giving out 3 plaques, 1st-3rd. You have to have 9 for 3rd with 3:1 but with 5:1 you have to have 15 just to get a 3rd place plaque. You guys can do what you like but not everybody plays for HOA just remember that.

I know what you're saying Corey, but again I don't call the shots on that. I'm just stats and registration.

I can talk to the MD and see what his opinion is on this subject. Dan is relatively new to running major matches, so I think he's doing his best to not make any "mistakes", and therefore he's trying to alot of things "by the book". But as you can see in appendix A2 the 5:1 ratio is simply a recommendation from USPSA.

Dan ran a good match last year and I'm sure this one will be as well. Also remember A2 says that its a recommendation to have 5 to recognize the class, doesn't mean you have to go every 5 after that. Just a thought.

Corey, Would 5 to recognize the class and 3 for 2nd and 3rd make you happy? Would you like a little cheese with that wine? All you have to do to win "your" award is beat Shaun. :roflol:

I'll think about it and get back to you.

Corey, Would 5 to recognize the class and 3 for 2nd and 3rd make you happy? Would you like a little cheese with that wine? All you have to do to win "your" award is beat Shaun. :roflol:

If you think I'm trying to get it so I can get a plaque for Master in SS....well I've shot SS far to long to worry about that plaque. Like I said in my earlier post not everybody is playing for HOA like Shaun, Me, Chris might be.

Edited by steel1212

If you think I'm trying to get it so I can get a plaque for Master in SS....well I've shot SS far to long to worry about that plaque. Like I said in my earlier post not everybody is playing for HOA like Shaun, Me, Chris might be.

Just messin with ya. I asked Chris the other day how I should handle awards and I am still debating how to handle it. Let's put it to a vote......

Everyone who wants to see awards after HOA go by 3's vote "Three".

Everyone who wants to see awards after HOA go by 5's vote "Five".

We did pick up another sponsor. Rumpke is now a silver level sponsor and we will have 6 restrooms available in addition to the one we already have and the 2 in the club house. So everyone should have no problem staying "light of foot". :goof:

Edited by dcarter

Three.

Like Corey said, not everyone plays for HOA and for the mortals who don't do a lot of traveling to matches, it's something to play for.

Good pickup on Rumpke! You can never have too many restrooms.

Has anyone ever put a 'Safe Area' close to a rest room?

Yeah, HOA is the goal. LOL. All I have to do is beat the national champion. No problem right? Right.

I just hope to have as much fun as I did last year. Last year I shot a borrowed FGW gun, this year I'll have my own, hopefully.

Edited by want2race

Even if we went by 3's I am still 1 short in "A" class Production from getting one. At least for now. :rolleyes:

If we do go by 3's I will have to limit it to about 5th place in a class. I can't spend all my money on awards!

Edited by dcarter