Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who makes that plastic/kydex two round slide lock caddie?

The one Taran had looked like a tac star side saddle where you snap the shells in and bolt the deal to your forearm. I have one of Marks but I want to do a little comparison for curiosity sake.

Maybe that's exactly what Taran did. Not everything that you see on other folks guns are commercially available.

Like this? Mark Otto makes this one. Its not kydex tho.....

Just out of curiosity, just behind the caddy, there is some kind of molded plastic piece then a piece that goes over the slide release. What are those?

Dunno, stole the pic from Benny's site, not my gun, lol :)

Just out of curiosity, just behind the caddy, there is some kind of molded plastic piece then a piece that goes over the slide release. What are those?

Dunno, stole the pic from Benny's site, not my gun, lol :)

It is just that a bigger,,, slide release. bar,,, I have one but a different brand,

it just makes it easyer,, to not MISS it,,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jesse,

Were the shells oriented vertically or horizonally?

They were parallel with the barrel. He said that it was too difficult to remove them at this point so it was back to the drawing board to work out the bugs too.

How about something elastic that is more like 45 to the barrel?

Jesse,

Were the shells oriented vertically or horizonally?

They were parallel with the barrel. He said that it was too difficult to remove them at this point so it was back to the drawing board to work out the bugs too.

How about something elastic that is more like 45 to the barrel?

I think the 45 degreee angle would be better as well. After trying a few velcro caddies on my Benelli I am out though. I can't do a speed rack of the botl without getting my driving finger hung up on the caddie. I guess I will just never go to slide lock or load from the belt caddy when I do.

Dave's Metal Works makes a great one that is very similar for about $20. I have used it at several matches now and it is great. Convenient, economical, and no drilling or tapping....

Dave's Metal Works makes a great one that is very similar for about $20. I have used it at several matches now and it is great. Convenient, economical, and no drilling or tapping....

Do you have a link to it? I couldn't find it on their web page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know where I would mount a rail but maybe the shell holder (if it really hold sshells under heavy recoil) could be be removed from the picatinny mount and screwed onto the handguard from the inside out?