Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does any one use LWRC

Fishin6061

I have been toying with the idea of getting a LWRC M6 rifle and was wandering if anyone here has one and if they use it in multigun. I only get the opportunity to shoot multigun stuff 2 or 3 times a year so I don't need a full on competition gun. Just want a tacticool rifle with a 1.5-5 scope that I can have fun with.

They definitely make a great rifle. Are you determined to get a piston driven rifle? Because for the price and low frequency you will be shooting it there may be more cost efficient options out there to look at. Just my $.02

Keep in mind all he said was that he only shoots 3 gun a few times a year. He may shoot thousands of rounds a month in other disciplines as far as we know . . .

That being said OP, if you are shooting low round counts, a piston rifle really may be a waste of cash. Where they shine is when you are shooting lots and lots of rounds and don't have the time or desire to do any cleaning.

my jackass $.02 - I'm pretty lazy when it comes to actually cleaning my direct impingement AR (S&W VTAC model), but have never had a malfunction (about 18K rounds in this gun) due to anything other than magazine or ammunition, i.e. no problems due to bolt, bolt carrier assembly tho have had several learning experiences with Cproducts magazines and wolf ammo. not saying anything bad about LWRC products (i don;t own one but have heard only good things about them). am saying that a cleaner weapon may be desirable in and of itself, but if you keep a traditional DI gun well lubed you may get exactly the same (very high) reliability provided you feed it good ammo through good magazines. granted, there are others on here who go through lots more ammo than me, so keen to hear whether others have seen reliability/function problems on DI guns due to a dirty rifle.

Over the Labor Day weekend, we had a 3 day tactical carbine class at our gun club with former Navy Seal Jeff Gonzalez. He uses a TWRC M6. While he was showing us basic maitenance for our gas guns he told us that he has not cleaned his rifle and it has 15,000 rounds through it. He just keeps it lghtly lubricated.

• 1 year later...

I know this is a pretty old forum but I thought I would reply and give my opinion. I've handled lots of AR's or similar type guns because I work at a large gun dealership. Ive shot quite a few as well. S&W... Colts... DPMS... Double star... Ext. But after saving every penny I could for around a year to get my LWRC M6A2. Threw a burris 1-4 on it and I'm in love with it. It is by far one of the best AR style guns I've ever laid my hands on. I know there are custom AR's out there and all but IMO LWRC is hard to beat... Its extreamly clean running, (except for the general area around where the piston begins), Just took a oil covered rag and wiped it right off and its still better than the important internals fouling up. And its really accurate, I've seen alot of people saying things about MOA dopping alittle on a gas gun but owning one and comparing it to a DI gun i can't tell a difference at all. Im still getting around 3 in. 10 shot groups at 100 yards. I feel like thats very solid for a 4x scope. But the gun is definately capible of better. The feel and balance of the gun i feel like is unmatched. Some may say its kinda heavy but i like a gun thats got a bit of wieght to it... Makes for better distance shooting and doesnt feel like its gonna break in your hands! Never had a misfire of any kind... Ive only put around 500+ through it so you can take that advise or leave it. But over all in my opinion the LWRC was a great buy for me. I just had to save up a long time. I carry it around in a case and baby that thing but thats what I get for buying a 2500 dollar gun. Most any AR is gonna be decently reliable and accurate. I mean come on its an AR! But if you want a gun that has awesome quality and will last you a life time I wouldnt look any farther than LWRC of course if you dont mind forking out a few more bucks. You get what you pay for I feel like in this instance. With LE, and special forces using LWRC that shows you their good! And just like any gun its money in the bank if you ever want to sell it... And I can tell you one thing if you decide to get one nobody else in your neigborhood will have one like it. Get it in a colored finish too if you wanna get even farther away from the norm. I hope I helped.If you have any questions I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.

You get what you pay for. I use one for 3 gun while I'm trying to save up enough coin to build my match rifle. It is not my first choice for the game but it works in the right hands. I've got almost MOA with a three shot group at 100 with the right handloads and hit every plate I've shot at out to 300 so far. The LWRC is the rifle you want when things go south, it's a dirty enviroment and lots of targets need servicing. If I could only have one AR, that would be and is mine.

My thought is if your starting from scratch go with the piston driven gun and LWRC is one of the best. I do not think the system is any reason to ditch a rifle you already have for the added features but if you do not already have an AR, I can see how there would be some advantage to getting this one.

• 1 month later...

Im new to the 3-Gun game and have been using my LWRC M6A3 since it was the only AR style rifle I currently own. All I've added so far is a Burris MTAC 1-4 and have been extremely pleased with its performance. I would agree with the fact that the rifle is noticeably heavier than a traditional AR but not to the point of being a major hindrance. Ultimately Im just looking at buying a JP upper to throw on my LWRC lower, which I believe is well enough made that a JP lower wouldn't exactly net any marketable benefit (Other than just having 2 separate lowers) Sonto agree with the comment above, I'm at no real disadvantage by running my LWRC but when I want to compete at the next level it will be with a JP DI gun.

Monty