Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Realoader

JxMAN25

hey guys. im 15 and i am just getting into USPSA matches. i have found that i can no longer afford to buy my ammo. How much would i be able to buy a good quality or value, new or used realoader for pistol only? it will be for a 9mm. The only spec i have is that i dont want to weigh each round indevidually. thanks Jesse

The easiest and probably the best for what you want would be a Dillon Square Deal. Perfect for pistol (actually, you can only load pistol on it so...). It's a full auto index progressive, all you have to do is add a case and bullet, pull the crank, out comes a round. Used, you should be able to pick one up for around $300. You will need other things though... a scale, calipers, kinetic bullet puller, load manuals, etc. All of thes (except the manuals) can probably be bought used. Look on Ebay for presses, and everything else.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DILLON-SQUARE-DEAL-B-9MM-LUGER-PRESS-W-DIES-NEW-/330472749419?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf1b5f96b

That one is brand new

This one is used, but you will need to buy the correctdies for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DILLON-SQUARE-DEAL-B-RELOADING-PRESS-38-/250696227057?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5ea8d8f1

This one is currently going for $255 in 9mm.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DILLON-SQUARE-DEAL-B-RELOADING-PRESS-9MM-/250696227109?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5ea8d925

Edited by GrumpyOne

Hello: Get the Dillon Square Deal B. It will load 9mm great. I have had 5 of these now and still have one and love it for ease of use and it can crank out ammo fast enough for most people. The Dillon loaders hold there value and they have the best customer service :cheers: I will worn you now though that they tend to multiply. I have a couple of Dillon reloaders right now :roflol: Thanks, Eric

Hello: The 550 is a good press as well but it does not self index like the SDB does. I think the SDB works a little better for new guys because of the index feature. Less chance of a double charge :surprise: I also think the SDB loads faster than the 550 in 9mm. The 550 really shines when you are loading a little of this and a little of that and some of those :roflol: Thanks, Eric

Hello: The 550 is a good press as well but it does not self index like the SDB does. I think the SDB works a little better for new guys because of the index feature. Less chance of a double charge :surprise: I also think the SDB loads faster than the 550 in 9mm. The 550 really shines when you are loading a little of this and a little of that and some of those :roflol: Thanks, Eric

That sounds like a challenge! I can load pretty fast on the 550 without a case or bullet feeder. :cheers:

But, he probably should stick with a SDB to start with, especially if he can find one already set up...

thanks guys. I really like the one for $255 Is this all i would need? other than powder, brass, primer, bullets ect. i have a friend that is giving me a manuel and scale and calipers. thanks again. you guys are great

i just showed my mom the ones on ebay. we are both a little woried about ordering things off of ebay. we have been riped off befor. is there anyone here that would be willing to sell one of theirs? thanks again.

I bought mine from Ebay about 5 years ago...no problems...

Look in the classified section here, someone might be selling one...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=21

Edited by GrumpyOne

there is a dillan reloader square deal on ebay for $182 but it is for a 38 caliber. if i bought this could i swich it to 9mm dies? thanks

Yes, you could change it out. Might even be able to sell the 38 dies and re-coup some of the expense for the 9mm dies.

Dillon sells the conversion for around $82.00

That being said, being new to reloading, it would be much easier for you to buy one already set up for 9mm. Changing dies, shellplates, etc., is not something you really want to start on before you even load anything. Don't get me wrong, you can do it, but it might become frustrating to you, trying to get everything right so you can load 9mm.

Edited by GrumpyOne

Welcome to the djungle of reloading! :)

There are as many thought on reloading as there are reloaders "use this", "dont use that", "do this", "do NOT do that" etc etc... ;)

Of course there are lots of things to learn from those who been around for awhile and it's hard to know who actually know and who think he knows.

I will not claim to know anything of importance and will gladly leave all the tips 'n tricks to those who are better suited.

Can't say I've heard much bad about Dillon at all. Most seem to like them very much and would never consider another brand.

I've also been thinking about it, but to me the pricing is a bit to much.

If you want something a bit cheaper, take a look at " http://factorysales.com/index.html " they sell Lee's products.

I have two of their Pro1000 presses (9mm & 38/357) and they work like a charm for me.

Their flagship Load Master ( http://factorysales.com/html/xcart/catalog/ldmas.html ) is at 220$ a bargain to me and includes all you need to get started.

The Pro1000 (http://factorysales.com/html/xcart/catalog/lp1000.html )is 155$

So once again, welcome to another fun part about shooting :)

About being afraid of buying from Ebay. There will always be a risk when dealing online and you'll have to weigh the pros vs cons if it's worth it.

I've done alot of deals on ebay and wont hesitate to do more. I always look at the feedback and thats enough guarantee for me :)

Had the same exact issue around your age and bought a square deal b in 9mm - it's awesome. In fact i'm selling it in the next couple of weeks. It served me well for years and I have no regrets on the purchase. But moving up to the 650 was nice. :cheers: SDB should be able to handle all of your wants and needs.

i just showed my mom the ones on ebay. we are both a little woried about ordering things off of ebay. we have been riped off befor. is there anyone here that would be willing to sell one of theirs? thanks again.

I just PM'd you on this since I have a SDB in 9mm i'm selling. Might work for you.

looks like im gonna buy gohuskers sdb, im sending the money tommorow :D:D:D

That is good! now you have 2 customer support, Dillon and the seller :cheers:

Once you get your press, go easy, really slow. Remember, even if it is the most basic press, it is still a progressive machine. that means there is more than one happening at one time. so you have to watch out. wear safety goggles!!