Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IRC 2011

The wife says she wants to go visit her cousin in SLO next summer and... if the stars and planets come into perfect alignment (the daughter's dance recital, our work schedules, her cousin's schedule and the IRC dates all play nice with each other) l will be able to go.

Does anyone have the 2011 date for the IRC? I understand it's usually the first weekend in June but want to mark the actual dates on her calendar.

Also what kind of time commitments do I need to start prepping my wife for if I also need to also shoot the classifier match before the big event?

I realize that the match is over 8 months away but, I need to begin setting expectations in her head so she does not get "disapointed" if we fly half way across the country to visit her family and I dissapear for the better part of that weekend plus a day or two.

Thx...

You can download the classifier stages and shoot them any time you want. ICORE trusts it's members to be honest. Just get a friend or two and set them up and do them at your leisure.

If you don't set them up you need to be on the range Thursday to shoot the classifier stages. Then you will shoot 1/2 day Friday, 1/2 day Saturday and the Man On Man shootoff is on Sunday Morning with awards following. Figure you will be at the range until about 5 - 6 pm on Sunday so plan on a late flight out. Most people just stay over night and fly home Monday.

I'd get to the range Wednesday so you can settle in.

Normally it's the first weekend but it has not been announced yet.

The wife says she wants to go visit her cousin in SLO next summer and... if the stars and planets come into perfect alignment (the daughter's dance recital, our work schedules, her cousin's schedule and the IRC dates all play nice with each other) l will be able to go.

Does anyone have the 2011 date for the IRC? I understand it's usually the first weekend in June but want to mark the actual dates on her calendar.

Also what kind of time commitments do I need to start prepping my wife for if I also need to also shoot the classifier match before the big event?

I realize that the match is over 8 months away but, I need to begin setting expectations in her head so she does not get "disapointed" if we fly half way across the country to visit her family and I dissapear for the better part of that weekend plus a day or two.

Thx...

It's going to be the 20th, so, it should be a great match. I hope they get the date straightened out early so everyone has a chance to arrange their vacation schedules. The usual potential conflict is the Cal Poly graduation.

Thx...

It's going to be the 20th, so, it should be a great match. I hope they get the date straightened out early so everyone has a chance to arrange their vacation schedules. The usual potential conflict is the Cal Poly graduation.

The IRC dates for next year are June 2nd thru June 5th. We will be going to a 3 day event next year with shooting on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and shootoffs on Sunday. Full time RO's will be shooting on June 1st. Still way off in the distance but look for 250 + people and 14 stages, which is why we need to go to the 3 day format. All of this necessitated by the 20th Anniversary of the IRC.

Look for a stage design contest with some prizes for selected stages and some money being awarded to the best stage in the match as voted by the shooters. More details to follow. So if you want the chance to put some green in your pocket start designing or pulling out your favorite stages.

Its going to be a great match.

Ron Joslin

IRC Match Director

The IRC dates for next year are June 2nd thru June 5th. We will be going to a 3 day event next year with shooting on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and shootoffs on Sunday. Full time RO's will be shooting on June 1st. Still way off in the distance but look for 250 + people and 14 stages, which is why we need to go to the 3 day format. All of this necessitated by the 20th Anniversary of the IRC.

Look for a stage design contest with some prizes for selected stages and some money being awarded to the best stage in the match as voted by the shooters. More details to follow. So if you want the chance to put some green in your pocket start designing or pulling out your favorite stages.

Ron Joslin

IRC Match Director

A three day match? That sounds great Ron. Please post stages this year. And if I were to make a wish list, more X count and strong hand, weak hand stages please.

Ron Joslin

IRC Match Director

A three day match? That sounds great Ron. Please post stages this year. And if I were to make a wish list, more X count and strong hand, weak hand stages please.

I have said it before and this proves it......Rich you are just evil.... :devil::sight:

Ron Joslin

IRC Match Director

When will the classifier match, if any, be held?

Thanks, Jon

Ya but question is, is two more stages worth the cost of a extra night in a hotel room, keeping in mind how evpensive they are there........

The gang and I stay at the Motel 6 in SLO, and when you split a room it is not as bad. We usually stay form Wednesday till that Monday, 5 days. I don't see where we have to have shot 4 classifiers in a years time to "stay" classified. Which will help currently classified shooters. New shooters may need to take advantage of getting 4 classifiers in prio to the match though. later rd

I haven't been to the IRC in a number of years, but I'm planning on making this one because of the 20th Anniversary. I hope it's as much fun as the first IRC.

I'll probably come in last in my class with all the problems I've been having lately, Leg brasses due to arthritis, shaking like a leaf due to Parkinsons and a few other minor problems but if I can find someone to drive out with and share a room I'm going.

Now would be a good time to see some of my old friends and meet the new cadre of ICORE shooters.

Hopefully I'll even manage to write up a few stages that may be used. I wrote of few of the classifiers we use now so I'm the guy to blame if you hate the classifier with my name on it. :D

Ya but question is, is two more stages worth the cost of a extra night in a hotel room, keeping in mind how evpensive they are there........

The gang and I stay at the Motel 6 in SLO, and when you split a room it is not as bad. We usually stay form Wednesday till that Monday, 5 days. I don't see where we have to have shot 4 classifiers in a years time to "stay" classified. Which will help currently classified shooters. New shooters may need to take advantage of getting 4 classifiers in prio to the match though. later rd

But no one in their right mind would room with Jerry V

I haven't been to the IRC in a number of years, but I'm planning on making this one because of the 20th Anniversary. I hope it's as much fun as the first IRC.

I'll probably come in last in my class with all the problems I've been having lately, Leg brasses due to arthritis, shaking like a leaf due to Parkinsons and a few other minor problems but if I can find someone to drive out with and share a room I'm going.

Now would be a good time to see some of my old friends and meet the new cadre of ICORE shooters.

Hopefully I'll even manage to write up a few stages that may be used. I wrote of few of the classifiers we use now so I'm the guy to blame if you hate the classifier with my name on it. :D

Ron Joslin

IRC Match Director

When will the classifier match, if any, be held?

Thanks, Jon

• 1 month later...

I've seen some questions about why the second gun option was removed. The reason is we are expecting in excess of 250 shooters and we don't know just how many in excess. In order to allow the largest number of shooters to compete in the match we made the decision to limit each competitor to just one gun. It was a hard decision and I hated to make it, but it is the 20th Annual IRC and everyone who wants to shoot it should get to.

Please send in your favorite stages to get included in the IRC stage contest. You could win that $200.00 grand prize. See you at the match.

Ron Joslin

2011 IRC Match Director

I've seen some questions about why the second gun option was removed. The reason is we are expecting in excess of 250 shooters and we don't know just how many in excess. In order to allow the largest number of shooters to compete in the match we made the decision to limit each competitor to just one gun. It was a hard decision and I hated to make it, but it is the 20th Annual IRC and everyone who wants to shoot it should get to.

Please send in your favorite stages to get included in the IRC stage contest. You could win that $200.00 grand prize. See you at the match.

Ron Joslin

2011 IRC Match Director

Where do we send the stages?

I have planted the seeds in the wife's ear for the IRC. If they grow and mature I may be able to manage it this year. The big problem is drive or fly? Driving is 3 days each way with all the motel and food costs. Flying is the hassle of shipping ammo and risking loss of firearms with airlines.

What to do? Input would be helpful, especially with regard to flying with firearms and shipping ammo as this is completely new to me.

Please help. I really want to go and need to have all answers ready to go to counter wife's arguements.

Thanks.

I have planted the seeds in the wife's ear for the IRC. If they grow and mature I may be able to manage it this year. The big problem is drive or fly? Driving is 3 days each way with all the motel and food costs. Flying is the hassle of shipping ammo and risking loss of firearms with airlines.

What to do? Input would be helpful, especially with regard to flying with firearms and shipping ammo as this is completely new to me.

Please help. I really want to go and need to have all answers ready to go to counter wife's arguements.

Thanks.

Pat from my house it is 27 hours of driving, By myself I stopped once each way to spend the night. With four guys driving it is only 7 hours apiece. Did I mention I hate flying because of all the new stuff you have to go through. Morro Bay is a great place to look at stuff, like water and seals. later rdd

Thanks.

Drove last year. Probably won't do that again.

Shipping ammo is relatively painless. Send it to Art Leach .. or there may be an opportunity to buy it there. Stay tuned to the ICORE web page.

Flying with guns isn't too bad. You'll need a lockable hard case that will fit in your luggage. The TSA Nazi's will check it, you sign a piece of paper that it's unloaded, put the paper in the case with the gun, lock it, in the luggage, check it and you're good to go. You'll have more trouble figuring out how to pack your holster, moonclip holders, and all your other shooting gear.

Fly to San Jose, rent a car, drive to Monterey, visit Pebble Beach, drive the Pacific Coast Highway to Morro Bay, visit the Hearst Castle, go wine tasting, shoot, do some more wine tasting, shoot, have a blast. If you can swing a couple more days, go to San Francisco.

The match is great and there is a lot to see and do in CA.

I asked my roommate if she wants to go with me. At first she was up to it by has backed down. She's not the kind of girl to spend her day at the match and isn't into shopping in Morro Bay so it looks like I'll be looking for someone to share the ride with me. Not too bad. Less than 8 hours each way.

With the way it's spaced out I should be able to make it through a day's shooting whithout too much hassel. Four stages a day is about all I can manage. Five is pushing it.

Now I need to find a motel. If I don't find one to share a roome I'm goint to Expidite and just find the cheapest place. Heck you don't spend too much time in the room anyway.

I'm planning on shooting Classic with my 686 and Jet Loaders in m Bob Purdue holder. We'll see how close I can come to the bottom but I do expect to have fun with some old friends and new ones and have a great time. No pressure, just going to enjoy the days of shooting and try to stay out of trouble.

Edited by AzShooter

• 4 months later...

I'll be there.. competing as usual for top 6 shooter in Limited.. I've been 2nd a couple of times.. hopefully this year! :)

I found a place down there via craig's list.. a little cottage that me and the wife stay in for not much more than some of the hotels.. This will be my second time staying there, and it's a pretty good deal for us. If you can get 4 ppl together, you could probably rent a house for not much more than a hotel, and be able to cook for yourself saving some dinero over eating at restaurants..

Renting a house is definitely the way to go. We have 8 of us sharing a really nice place and the cost is the same as a hotel. You don't have to sit on the bed to watch TV, you can cook, have your own frig, none of the BS hotel noise with your neighbors. I'll never stay in a hotel again.