Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need advice on which pair of Rudys

Full mag

Planning on getting some new shooting glasses and I am looking for some opinions on the different types of Rudy's. I have searched and read but I really would like to hear what people have to talk about between GENETYK,MAGSTER,NOYZ, and RYDON. I wish I was able to see them and try them on but I don't have that option. The only pair I have actually tried was the Rydons which were nice but I hear good thing about the others. Thanks for the help with this topic.

Planning on getting some new shooting glasses and I am looking for some opinions on the different types of Rudy's. I have searched and read but I really would like to hear what people have to talk about between GENETYK,MAGSTER,NOYZ, and RYDON. I wish I was able to see them and try them on but I don't have that option. The only pair I have actually tried was the Rydons which were nice but I hear good thing about the others. Thanks for the help with this topic.

I've got 3 of the 4 and it depends on what your looking for. I prefer the Magsters to the Rydons and the Rydons to the noyz for shooting glasses but I wear the Noyz daily. The Genetyks are kind of a cross between the Rydon lenses and the noyz frames I think. If you have a big noggin I would suggest the Magsters.

Hello: I am a Rydon fan and have been using them for 4 years now. I always seem to scratch one lens at a time so I have a couple extra rights and lefts. That reminds me I should send some in to get replaced. I think I only have 1 left lens that is not scratched and it is in my shooting glasses now :surprise: Thanks, Eric

I have shot with Rydons for years and like them. However, I recently got a pair of Magsters and believe they fit a little better. I also like the thin earpieces of the Magsters. Rudy offers FREE shipping both ways on orders over $205. Why not order a 2 or 3 pairs, try them on, decide what works best for you and send the others back?

+1 on trying them to know exactly which fit you'll like best. I also have 3 of the 4 you mentioned and like the Rydon best. Looking into getting the Magsters which I think will be my new favorite if it fits the same as the Rydon. All four will most likely fit you well, but there will be that one fit and look. wink.gif

Edited by norbs007

I got a magster this year and couldnt be happier. Fit is great. I had the same dilemma with you. Cant decide between the different kinds. Very happy with the magster.

Edited by bisdak

I shot pistol with the Rydon's for a while and would still have them if I hadn't started shooting rifle. When shooting prone, the eyes shift position so that you are looking through the top of the glasses and the frame was getting in the way, so I switched to the Genetyk.

The Rydon shooting set is hard to beat for the price. And if you don't like it, you won't have too much trouble finding a buyer.

I shot pistol with the Rydon's for a while and would still have them if I hadn't started shooting rifle. When shooting prone, the eyes shift position so that you are looking through the top of the glasses and the frame was getting in the way, so I switched to the Genetyk.

The Rydon shooting set is hard to beat for the price. And if you don't like it, you won't have too much trouble finding a buyer.

One perfect example to consider when selecting the right frame; know exactly what you'll use them for. This was a concern for me before as I posted here but turned out really well.

Edited by norbs007

If you like the frame of the Rydon's you'll love the Magsters. The Magster has a bigger lenses and a bit more side coverage then the Rydon. Genetyks are very light, but the arms of the frame are a little thicker than the Rydon/Magster so if you wear ear muffs it might bother you a bit.

My personal preference, Magster>Genetyk>Rydon>Noyz